Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell's New 48 Ford Coupe

Porscheman

I built this one last Friday in 7 1/2 hours. I really enjoy the build with the exception of mounting the rear window, there's no recess in the body for mounting the glass.

How does it look?

Thanks

Al

FullSizeRenderMA289680840001-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

FullSizeRenderMA289680840002-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

FullSizeRenderMA289680840003-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

FullSizeRenderMA289680840004-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

FullSizeRenderMA289680840005-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

FullSizeRenderMA289680840006-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

FullSizeRenderMA289680840007-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by Porscheman

Looks fantastic to me. B)

I threw together the '30 Model A in slightly more time than 7.5 hours this last weekend. I think this kit might be my next "quickie" project. Thanks for the heads up on the rear window. 

Edited by Chuck Most

Beautiful build. I've been trying to find this kit locally and your already posting a finished build. I have the Tamiya TS-11 Maroon already, but now I may look at either gray or the dark blue. Any build problems ?

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. The paint is, Tamiya Maroon with Tamiya gloss Black as a primer. I wanted a deep non-metallic Maroon. The rear window was my only trouble spot, it needs a locator. I also tinted the glass with Tamiya clear blue.

Al 

Edited by Porscheman

Wow absolutely gorgeous!! I've always wonder on these quick builds, is that 7.5 hours straight out of the box or after the paint is done? The reason I ask is because I don't even touch one of my builds for at least 24 hours after it gets paint. And then there's the sanding and polishing, and possibly a clear coat. Do you use a dehydrator or does the Tamiya paint dry that much faster. Sorry for all the questions, just trying to learn what I can from all the great builders here. Anyway whether 7.5 hours or 7.5 months that is just Beautiful 

Looks great Al my brother that just passed away had one in 1962 Metallic blue w/custom interior, 53 Mercury flat head w/3x2's and aluminum heads. I am going to build one just like it and was hoping to get it done for him but that didn't work out. Great job.

Edited by mredjr

Wow absolutely gorgeous!! I've always wonder on these quick builds, is that 7.5 hours straight out of the box or after the paint is done? The reason I ask is because I don't even touch one of my builds for at least 24 hours after it gets paint. And then there's the sanding and polishing, and possibly a clear coat. Do you use a dehydrator or does the Tamiya paint dry that much faster. Sorry for all the questions, just trying to learn what I can from all the great builders here. Anyway whether 7.5 hours or 7.5 months that is just Beautiful 

The 7 1/2 hours include paint. Tamiya rattle can paints dry very quickly. I doesn't have any clear coat at all, no wet sanding or polish were used. I only use a clear coat when painting Testors Lacquers. Both Testors and Tamiya have very fast drying time, I applied the BMF 1/2 hour after applying the last coat of maroon. I don't use enamel paint at all, since the model friendly lacquers came out. 

Hope this helps, PM me if you have any other questions.

Al