Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 Ford Model A Coupe

Chuck Most

This is, of course, based on the new-ish Revell kit. I lowered it by filing off the top few leaf springs in the front pack, and by cutting a coil from each coil over -after removing the tabs the axle is meant to attach to on the chassis rails. Power is a 2.0 Ztec engine from a Focus SVT, fitted with side-draft carbs and a four-speed from a Ford Courier. The grille shell was cut from an Anglia tilt hood. Other than all of that it's alarmingly close to box stock. I left off the roof insert to show more of the interior. Next time I build one I think I'll drill out the holes in the bomber seats. This was built over the course of a slow Sunday, with the exhaust (dual straight pipes) added this afternoon- it looks decent for a 24 hour build. Next one I build I'll give a little more time and attention to detail and see what I can get out of it.

This is the first showing of this new kit that I know of and I like what I see. 

The Anglia grill works surprisingly well and your tweaks to the stance look good, too. Interestingly, the very modern engine doesn't look out of place against all of the otherwise traditional styling. 

Sweet!

B)

Question: 

Did you attach the roof before or after painting the body? Is there really any reason why the roof shouldn't be attached ahead of time, despite what the instructions show?

Edited by Dennis Lacy

Question: 

Did you attach the roof before or after painting the body? Is there really any reason why the roof shouldn't be attached ahead of time, despite what the instructions show?

Before. I don't see any reason why the top is done separately, unless perhaps Revell plans to bring out a stock-height roof version sometime later on.