Model Cars Magazine Forum

Coors White Freightliner

The Freightliner I have completed a few years ago, was not easy on grinds the old AMT kits, mainly because the decals usually due to age no longer so great .So here at the tractor, I then the decals (white stripes) with the brush since these translucent. Something fat, but from a distance you will not notice it so.

Greeting Jan

Forum_076_800x600.jpg

Forum_077_800x600.jpg

Forum_078_800x600.jpg

Forum_079_800x600.jpg

Forum_080_800x450.jpg

Forum_084_800x450.jpg

Forum_087_800x450.jpg

Forum_090_800x600.jpg

Forum_091_800x600.jpg

You've done a wonderful job on this one, Man.....I've always wanted to build this one....Since I was a kid !! Never had the money back then.....And, now that I'm older, I STILL don't.....Due to Ebay prices.... :D Anyway...This is a great representation.....Everything is clean and well assembled.....Like you said, I don't notice any flaws in the paint or decals.....Beautiful job.....

• 1 month later...

Very nice, I like it!  For the future, you could use a sheet of solid white decal film and cut a wide stripe.  Microscale makes sheets in many colors.  Another thing I have done is use Testors Decal Coating to spray over old decals.  This works as long as the decals aren't cracked, it won't fix tears, cracks or missing pieces but it will help keep them together long enough to get them into position.