Model Cars Magazine Forum

I've built this box stock and not being a lover of multi-part bodies, after this I'm still not. The plastic is soft and sometimes doesn't like ordinary cement that comes in a bottle. The artwork does not show any of the various colours that the kit can be painted to go with four sets of decals. There is a comprehensive list of paints/colours to use but without artwork it's difficult to choose the variant. I went on Google search and found a real version of the one I've built that uses one set of decals (2).

38_zpsru8gbnme.jpg

42_zpsiqxibebh.jpg

43_zpsk4fqahan.jpg

48_zpsnouj47zx.jpg

All the doors come searate so can be fixed open or closed.

Edited by PatW

It looks great. I wouldn't have known what it was except for the Wheeler Dealer show were they restored one.

That's why I love that show!  They restore all kinds of things I've never seen up close and apart.  In the episode they replaced the Citroen drivetrain with modern Ford for drivability.   

Just last week I saw one of those on the road in New Jersey. Complete with commercial markings and towing a small trailer.

Great work Patrick.  I was suffering through the Heller Citroen Borden Milk Truck with the multi piece body, man that didn't want to go together for love or money!  I do want to get one of these HYs.  They haven't really shown up here in the USA.

Thanks Chris, and I have another photo of the van turning up at the Back Street Garage, to deliver some food either to the guys doing overtime OR they are just having a party!

51_zpsdrf2equs.jpg

Edited by PatW

Thanks Carl, one problem today.I went into the kitchen after I got out of bed to do my breakfast and the longer decal on the drivers side has all but peeled off and curled up lengthways! Now that's never happened before!

Now I got to think how to re-attach it, thinking a thin coat of cling film? I daren't try and paint on clear gloss because it will just fall to pieces!

Thanks Harry P. But this is how I found it this morning when I got up!

SAM_1171_zps71z1of96.jpg

Now how do I re-attach it without it collapsing? Clingfilm over the top? A drop of olive oil underneath to soften it up? See if it comes off in one piece and put it on double sided tape? If it comes off in one piece scan it onto the PC and print a new decal?

Edited by PatW

Disaster avoided! After posting this the decal fell off althogether. I stuck with paper glue onto a white sheet of paper, took pics of it and scanned it to my PC. Loaded onto a Word Doc re-sized it to the decal size, copied it four times on the same doc and printed it straight onto white backed decal paper. It's in my cabin having been gived a clear acrylic gloss coat so when dried in about a hour will be ready to cut out and fix to the side of the van, Hey Presto!