Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 Scale 1967 Shelby Mustang

MrObsessive

I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea and this has been talked about here before, but certainly the subject matter has my attention big time! I was on another forum here, and this is DEFINITELY heading our way! You might balk at the price, but in this scale, it's just BEGGING for a LOT more detail than the issuers of the subscription can provide.

I also located this interesting video on YouTube which was shown in the UK-----they always seem to get the good stuff first! ;)

Stay tuned! ;)

Is this out yet?  I didn't know this was a DeAgostini model.  I have the Enzo and the F430 Spyder.  

Sure is! 

I took the plunge and started my subscription, and I just got an email from ModelSpace yesterday that my order's been processed, and they'll let me know when the first parts are to be mailed.

If you're interested, the ordering page is here. I've been looking at the other folk's WIP's on the ModelSpace forum, and while it looks to be a nice kit, there's soooo much than can be added to it in this scale, particularly in regards to the engine. ;)

Sure is! 

I took the plunge and started my subscription, and I just got an email from ModelSpace yesterday that my order's been processed, and they'll let me know when the first parts are to be mailed.

If you're interested, the ordering page is here. I've been looking at the other folk's WIP's on the ModelSpace forum, and while it looks to be a nice kit, there's soooo much than can be added to it in this scale, particularly in regards to the engine. ;)

Thanks for the link!  I didn't know that DeAgostini was now offering the subscription to the USA.  Years ago, it was only available in the UK.  I'm not sure I'm going to pull the trigger on the Mustang.  After closer inspection, I'm not too thrilled with the lack of detail on a number of pieces.  The engine in particular looks very suspect and definitely would require some additional detailing.  However, perhaps that's most of the fun, 'eh? 

According to the ordering page, it is 59.99 per month, for 25 months..... in the end, that totals up to almost $1500....... its nice, and its pretty, but no way..... (laughs)... nope.... no way... not spending that kind of money on a car i cant drive.

The engine in particular looks very suspect and definitely would require some additional detailing.  However, perhaps that's most of the fun, 'eh? 

I plan to detail the engine out as indeed from what I've seen of some of the build diaries on their forum, it's sorely lacking in even the basics------such as wiring for instance. And yes, that is part of the fun...........at least for me to have something that your average Joe won't have. ;)

According to the ordering page, it is 59.99 per month, for 25 months..... in the end, that totals up to almost $1500....... its nice, and its pretty, but no way..... (laughs)... nope.... no way... not spending that kind of money on a car i cant drive.

I've paid about as much for models in smaller scales in the past...........in this case this would be for me a very long WIP, about but not as long as it took for me to build my '59 Impala.

There are some much bigger details and working features that I'd like to add that I'm sure 99% of the folks building this won't do. Not to take away from their work, but the overall canvas of this car screams out for major things that can be done. Also, you can GUARANTEE that NONE of the major American kit makers will ever come out with a 1/8 scale '67 Shelby Mustang. ;)