Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobby Lobby Clearance in Glendale AZ store

Went back yesterday and snagged a second Surf Woody for $13.19.  That was the last one on the shelf. They had re-stocked the Revell GMC pickup with snow plow, but it was full price of $24.99. I used the 40% off coupon to pick up (another) one of those.

This store was completely out of the Fruit Wagon kits. It still had quite a few '23 T "Nestlé's" delivery trucks, priced at $14.39 IIRC. 

I remember what a long, long, LONG time it was between issues of that Fruit Wagon, as well as the '25 T Double Kit. So I stocked up on both of those.  Another great parts source. 

BTW, if you need some more realistic fruit for your Fruit Wagon, check the dollhouse section of Hobby Lobby. They sell a bag of bananas, tomatoes, and other fruits and vegetables.  Also a bag of sliced watermelon, and another of pumpkins. These are probably meant for 1/12 scale dollhouses, but they look pretty close to 1/24-25 scale. And we can always say the bananas are plantains.  Or mutants.

BTW, if you need some more realistic fruit for your Fruit Wagon, check the dollhouse section of Hobby Lobby. They sell a bag of bananas, tomatoes, and other fruits and vegetables.  Also a bag of sliced watermelon, and another of pumpkins. These are probably meant for 1/12 scale dollhouses, but they look pretty close to 1/24-25 scale. And we can always say the bananas are plantains.  Or mutants.

Thanks for that excellent tip. I was trying to figure out a way to paint the molded kit part with little success. I'll check that out on my next trip over there.

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped by the Glendale store on Bell Rd today.

They have NOT restocked as yet. Lots of empty spaces. Still had some clearance. A few of the Model T C cabs and a Fruit Wagon or two. One of the psychedelic Thunderbirds. Don Garlit's FE dragster. At least one of the Piranha spy cars. the '77(?) GMC(?) wrecker.  The Corvair. One of the General Lee Chargers that was over in the regular clearance aisle. Maybe a few more, but sold out of a lot of the ones they used to have. Including the Lindberg 34 Pickup (grrr)(for $10 I was going to grab one more).

Russ

No restock at my joint yet, and there are lots of empty holes. Was gonna use my coupon on a second UNCLE Piranha, but someone beat me to it--not a huge loss. Just so the trip wouldn't be wasted, used it on some polishing pads. Never wanted to try them $9 worth, but they might be worth $5+, we'll see.....

I stopped in the Rock Hill SC store today on lunch break. They had updated their kit aisle, saw the Revell 66 C10 pickup there, along with a bunch of other kits mentioned above. I did notice that they had a slot for the Dodge Ramcharger, so I will definitely be looking for that one soon! 

I suspect that as more new kits come to market, they will add some of them to their shelves. If they decide to add the just announced Ford Bronco from Revell, then there goes my lunch money!

I stopped at the one on 75th Ave and Bell again today. All of the clearance models have been moved to the real clearance area.

Several new kits. No Pinto :(. They have the 57 Ford wagon Gasser, 69 Barracuda, 60 MPC Corvette (red with blower engine on box), 50 Ford custom, and several others. A space is marked for the '30 Model A, assuming from the location it is the Revell kit.

I bought one of the 57 Ford wagon Gassers  with the 40% off coupon, and a couple from the clearance section. Went back looking for something and almost bought the MPC 60 Vette, it is one of my favorite models, but decided I had spent enough of my birthday money on models for now.

All the new kits seem to be priced at $29.99. Still a few older ones on the shelves for less, but definitely getting up there.

Russ

Edited by russosborne

Just got back from HL. No "clearance" table. Many fewer empty slots on the shelves. They seem to have gotten some new stuff in, but the only two things of any interest to me were the Revell '67 RS 427 Camaro, and the Revell '57 Ford gasser wagon. I bought the Camaro, first one I've seen. It'll get a Modelhaus '67 AMT SS/RS grille, and a correction to that slant-back rear end. It MIGHT even get converted to a Baldwin-Motion '68, dunno yet. Simple enough to do.