Model Cars Magazine Forum

Not grampas ol' 53

parkflyrer 50

Heres a bit of a mock up of my next project..the lindberg 53 ford victoria..its painted with testors metallic red out of 1he 1/4oz bottle thinned with lacquer thinner 1 part paint to 1 part thinner..that seems to be a perfect ratio. Ill probably go with light tan interion..wish me luck..thanks

20160630_220826.jpg

20160630_220839.jpg

20160630_220901.jpg

Hey Parkflyer:

I love what you have done with this kit so far, but you can't just go stock now. Depending on rather you want to stay with the flathead or not there are all kind of options that would be great to update that kit with. The 48 Ford's have great flatheads as well as the one in the 38 ford truck and 32 ford sedan. You could also go more modern with any of the Mustang motors or the 302 out of the 32 kits. You could also source interior out of the Mustang if you felt like it and really make that kit come alive. Just my two cents and know I will take my ideas and start my own. 

Jon

PS really do love what you got going here. 

not much for red but that looks kool.

That red looks spectacular, and I love the fact that you pulled it off using one of those 1/4 oz jars of Testors paint reduced with lacquer thinner.  Can't wait to see what else you've got planned for your build.

I agree, the paint looks fantastic! I'll remember that lacquer trick.
 Love the Pegasus Chrome T 5-spokes too.

For engines, I'd agree that the 302 out of the Revell '32 kits would probably fit well and match the hi-tech exterior. There are probably tons of members on this board who would consider trading you (or even giving you!) a 302, as the engine came in every single Revell deuce and therefore many builders have piles of them just sitting around.

No problem..Using the testors enamel / laquer thinner method I used, you really dont need to primer and sand unless theres lots of flaws and mold lines on the kit.. but..on this kit I primed and painted in a different color using acrylic. I didnt like how it came out so I stripped off the paint and primer using "off oven cleaner" then carefully brushed some paint thinner to strip back down to the bare plastic and repainted without any primer..

:D All right I have not seen anyone do one of these in a long time I love this ford great body style for custom or drag and your's looks awesome keep the pictures coming I have a couple of these kits in stock I'm going to have to pull one out now.!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Heres an update got suspention done..interior also..sorry guys but went with the stock flathead motor..tried to put a motor from an extra kit i had but it would have taken me too long...I dont get much hobby time so trying to hurry through this one and figured the stock motor is just easier..besides its kind of a cool looking motor..thanks

20160801_081710.jpg

20160801_081648.jpg

20160801_081759.jpg