Model Cars Magazine Forum

REVELL 57 BELAIR

shoopdog

Finished my Revell 57 Belair 2n1 kit finally. This was my first attempt at using BMF on all exterior moldings, turned out ok but there's lots of room for improvement. I guess only practice will achieve the results of the quality builds posted online. 

Sprayed with Model Masters Tropical Turquoise cleared with Future Shine brushed on. Unfortunately the color in the pics looks more light blue than turquoise.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nicely done!! And I love the color. One thing you may not have been aware of, the 'B' pillars on the BelAir sedans were painted body color—no stainless trim. That said, your car makes me think that maybe they should have. Again, great job!

Edited by Watertown

Thanks everyone. There was no way out of not foiling a 57 Chevy, especially when I have 57 Ford next up in my stash.

I must of used half of sheet of BMF between getting it right and ripping it off. my biggest problem with trying to start over is I start chipping paint.