Model Cars Magazine Forum

What do you listen to while you build???

slusher

• 2 weeks later...

Mostly the wife complaining because she called me into the other room to help her with something that she usually has figured out or done before I get in there! Then complain she had to call me 6 times which she knows that with the 60's tunes going in here and her tv shows on in there and my bad ear towards the door I can't hear a darn thing!:lol:

I listen to my "Monkees Station" on Pandora mostly.

Depends on the who/what I'm trying to drowned out......wife..sons..furry foursome...construction of the new school...voices in my head (although sometimes they have great ideas)

Usually, Southern rock.....Molly Hatchet, .38 Special, ZZ Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Charlie Daniels, Allman Brothers.....

• 2 weeks later...

Saw them performing live a bit over a month ago, and their records have been pretty often on my record player while building... Monkey And The Baboons from Poland. Here is one of their killer tracks, I Go Ape. This is a live version, but it's nearly identical to the studio version found in their EP.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, STYRENE-SURFER said:

I was able to see this guy play in MPLS, found this you tube video. Not for the faint of heart jazz enthusiast, he's an outsider.

You're styrene may start to warp a bit. Nice performance by some excellent players.

Man, that's some good Schmidt. Really well engineered too.  :D

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

21 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Man, that's some good Schmidt. Really well engineered too.  :D

Glad you like it, always been a fan of John Zorn. When I saw him play it was one of a seres of concerts for the University of Minnesota alumni.

It was interesting to see the "blue-hairs" reaction to his performance.:D

Here is a nice rooftop view from TORTOISE, provocateurs from Chi-Town.

Edited by STYRENE-SURFER

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Frank Zappa, almost exclusively. Or some sort of Jazz while building. Death metal, or metal in general, is sometimes listened to, but the more soothing, the better. 

Also, a Cuban cigar is in order after considerable time at the bench, or when a build is completed. 

Edited by Brutalform

I usually listen to something from the same era as whatever I'm building. If I really want to get into it, I'll even go with the theme. For example, if I'm building a stock 55 Chevy, I'll listen to something like Bill Haley. A chopped up hotrod will usually call for some Horton Heat. The 77 GMC I'm building now has a CCR/Skynyrd/Waylon Jennings mix going on. Next up is a '90 Mustang drag car that may need a little Slayer or Anthrax to get in the mood. Funny thing is, not only does doing this put me in the right mood, I also have a much broader taste in music now. The 30's and 40's blues, jazz, gospel and swing music was particularly enjoyable.

It depends on my mood at the time. Jazz, R&B, 70's Prog Rock, 50's & 60's Rock & Roll. But I've been getting back into the music of FM. Phasors on Stun, Black Noise. And Nash the Slash. Good old Canadian Prog Rock.

Edited by kitbash1