Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '29 Ford Roadster A/Altered

Aaron_F

Nailed it! Saving these photos to my reference folders...I'd been thinking of doing something similar with the '29 kit.

I love that the color scheme and detailing are all period correct. It looks very convincing, and as a kitbash is more interesting  and unique than just another Orange Crate build (as cool as the Orange Crate is). Great parts-sourcing to achieve that effect :)

Is that nailhead and headers included in the kit?

Yes it is. I swapped the front cover for the one from AMT's '37 Chevy, because it has a front mounted fuel pump. The kit has a modern automatic, which I cut off and replaced with a more period correct Hydramatic. The headers are modified kit pieces. I also raised the engine mounts about 1/8".

Very very nice indeed! You have captured the look and the feel of the era almost perfectly, which is about my highest praise. Well done and model on!

Thanks! I always try to make my stuff as period correct as I can!

When I opened this my jaw hit the floor!

Aaron, this is seriously fantastic and my new favorite version of this kit. The colors, the styling, the proportions - it's got 'em all and at the same time it just looks all-business. 

:o

PS: The magnesium finish on the wheels is superb! Please tell how you achieved it. 

Thanks Dennis! I always enjoy seeing your builds!