Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Silverado & waverider question

I have a couple of Revell 99 Silverado kits, and from what i have read the red custom issue is very similar to the Waverider set but without the crazy price tag.

I picked up a 1/24 Polaris waverider thats plastic, to use with a Silverado. Has anybody got the Revell issue and can measure how long n wide it is so I can compare ?

Its too long to fit in the bed of the Chevyand a 1/24 Ford Dually.

Was a similar trailer ever availible in another kit ?

20160704_210309.jpg

Edited by 57peppershaker

Steve the personal water craft have been getting larger every few years. As you see in the three different sizes in the different manufactures in scale. You can make a simple single axle trailer to haul the one you have now.  These are not heavy enough alone to require a tandem axle trailer, even if you use 14" tires. 

Revell also issued the water craft kit with a resin figure of racer Mike Follmer and a resin "wave" base. Those don't look very expensive going by finished eBay auctions. That kit also came with the trailer from the custom Silverado set. The trailer was based on the one that was included in some of the old Revell combo kits of the late '70s or early '80s. 

• 8 months later...