Model Cars Magazine Forum

revell 4Q2016 Release Annoucement

That is fantastic. Such a great racer. Crushed everything.

This and the Stroppe/Denver Bronco are killer versions, scored fenders with rear flares easy, like Hemi Dart. 

Again, Wow. Stunning build. 

Thanks to Revell for issuing this truck. Long wait. 

• 2 months later...

The cover art for the Black Widow, looks incredibly Lame.

Nice Concept, but it looks like it was done by an Art School Drop-Out.

Look at the Oddly Round Front Wheel. This kit and the Bronco both have observably Sub Par Box Art. Not Sure why, but it needs to be stopped, and soon. This Amateur Hour, Grade School work has no place on $25.00 Kits.

Look at the Oddly Round Front Wheel. This kit and the Bronco both have observably Sub Par Box Art. Not Sure why, but it needs to be stopped, and soon. This Amateur Hour, Grade School work has no place on $25.00 Kits.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. I don't like it, so I'll be passing on it.

Yeah, I have the original issue of the kit. I know what's inside, and the box art will not stop me from buying more. But, people who have not seen the kit before.... They are as likely to be turned off by the visibly bad execution, as they likely to be excited by the concept.. And, don't get me wrong. I like the Idea of the art. The action racing scene shows the car off in a natural and compelling way. It just appears (to me) that the final product is the result of a lousy artist. The Bronco kit has the same problem, especially regarding the tire treads. I don't mind the paintings, just get better artwork. See Moebius boxart for how is should be done IMHO.

Personally I don't care if they issue it with a crayon drawing, or a plain brown box (they'd be saving money that way) as long as what's inside was good. After all it's the contents not the box I'll be building and displaying, and like I hinted at, a plain old box would save the money spent on artwork and printing and would leave more to be spent developing a great kit.

Edited by horsepower

Personally I don't care if they issue it with a crayon drawing, or a plain brown box (they'd be saving money that way) as long as what's inside was good. After all it's the contents not the box I'll be building and displaying, and like I I hinted at, a plain old box would save the money spent on artwork and printing and would leave more to be spent developing a great kit.

agreed

i buy for the contents ...not the box