Model Cars Magazine Forum

revell 4Q2016 Release Annoucement

...yet this is the same crowd that regularly buys kits of junk they already have multiple copies of just because the box art is so Retro Deluxe.

You can't have it both ways. Either the box art inspires you to make a purchase, or they should just package stuff like the 1980s black print on white box generic grocery items

1957 Chevrolet Post Sedan - 1 Model Kit - 1/25 Scale

Frankly the drawings look better than the real model photo shopped into a real background as seen by the Lowrider Cadillac and KW-100.

I guess things are just so shoe string at EGV anymore they can only have college interns do it in their spare time since the drawings and real model on real backdrops represent the 2nd & 3rd style of box art this year.

Hi,

I just saw there Beretta Pro Street posted.  The engine looks gnalrzzzz.

Original release of this kit seem to go for +$100 on eBay.  The kit looks cool;

http://www.revell.com/model-kits/cars/85-7168.html#.V_PBK9waeOc

I found kit instructions of the original release here;

http://public.fotki.com/bill-rules/instruction-sheets/revell/revell-7168-beretta/?view=roll

Seems like it was well-represented.  I bought one in the late 80s to use in a Willys Pro street kit project (never finished).  And thinking on it, I may still have a lot of one of the Berettas as part of a Monster Muscle set?  Hmmmm, have to look when I get back out to my building.  Can't remember what I bought it for other than it may have been on sale and a lot of good parts...

Like magicmustang said, the engine in the Beretta is like the engine that is in the pro street corvette and is based on the Dobbertin J-2000 just a little different like no 4 barrel carb and maybe a couple more differences. I imagine no turbo setup either.  

Thanks.    Jeff 

The Beretta has Side draft carbs instead of all the plumbing with the four barrel. I sold my kit off a while ago, here is my chance to get it back! 

I saw that, those side drafts look killer.  And the nitrous plumbing is so in your face.

Totally bitchen kit.

I saw that, those side drafts look killer.  And the nitrous plumbing is so in your face.

Totally bitchen kit.

Better buy a few, as according to Revell the kit will be: " An SSP release of the Chevy® Beretta Pro Street is available in limited quantities only, so get them while they last!"

Edited by Casey

• 1 month later...

The Revell Beretta Pro Street is a nice kit.  Most of it is based on the Dobbertin J-2000.  I have a Dobbertin J-2000 and it's very accurate to Dobbertin's car.  Revell did an amazing job on it BITD.

Yes, that time period was a real high point for Revell, and they certainly maximized their investment in this specific Pro Street tooling, creating three different bodies to air with the same basic chassis. Does the current Beretta reissue include the Firestone( I think) tires like previous releases? I don't think these tires ever had their sidewalls wiped clean.

Those Brian Borden geometric block graphics, tho...so '80s!

revell-mid-80s-corvette-pro-street-8.jpg

Edited by Casey

Yes, that time period was a real high point for Revell, and they certainly maximized their investment in this specific Pro Street tooling, creating three different bodies to air with the same basic chassis. Does the current Beretta reissue include the Firestone( I think) tires like previous releases? I don't think these tires ever had their sidewalls wiped clean.

Unfortunately the sidewalls HAVE been wiped clean with the reissue :(

• 3 weeks later...