Model Cars Magazine Forum

revell 4Q2016 Release Annoucement

Odd, just earlier today, while sipping on a glass of white wine, at a beachside restaurant,  I was thinking, when would Revell announce the Q4 releases.....then a hot blond got my attention, and then I blacked out....but now I know why wife packed that rolling pin.

Per Revell, the Corvette is an updated 2014 Easy Glue kit to be molded in White.  The Bronco will be full detail.

I made a post on the truck side so those guys would see it, do you know anything more about the Bronco tool? Is it new new or a borrowed decast tool?

I was hoping for a full detail Corvette. The Bronco is a nice surprise, anyone know what year it may be, side marker indicate it may be 1970-1977. Is there much difference between 1966-1977?

They are not planning a full detail Corvette.  The Easy Glue version (not snap) is as detailed as they currently plan for the street version.  That seems to be the new wave for modern cars.  Supposedly Revell of Germany is moving this way on "newbies" as well.  Time will tell.  The things I most dislike about this is that the chasses harken back to the AMT 60's version with a lot of molded in stuff.  The engines are also simpler (although one could argue that modern engine shrouds hide the detail anyway).  But I have several Camaro LS engines waiting to be put into Pro-Touring/Resto-Mods.  I've yet to try the Easy Glue engines to see if detail fits my critieria.

Gerry, I'm all for the model companies "simplifying" their kits if it means that we'll get more modern subject matter. I can think of a bunch of new cars (American and foreign) that could be kitted. I'd like to see a bit more variety than just the go-fast stuff, but I also understand the need to make what's gonna sell. ;)