Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 4th quarter releases

Revell has some goodies for us truck guys coming this winter, they are reissuing their K100 flat top with two drive axles and have also announced a new tooling of a first gen Bronco. The pic is in the thread on the car news page, I just wanted to post the truck news here.

It will be interesting to see if the Bronco is a 2n1 w/ an optional version, or what the 2nd release is.  I hope the roof is molded separately so it can be done open style.   A 1/2  roof would be nice to see down the road, and maybe an off road Baja racer version...

Edited by Rob Hall

It will be interesting to see if the Bronco is a 2n1 w/ an optional version, or what the 2nd release is.  I hope the roof is molded separately so it can be done open style.   A pickup version roof would be nice to see down the road, and maybe an off road Baja racer version...

I'm with you Rob, but maybe the aftermarket will come out with the Baja body before Revell does. I see a bunch of these in my future with all kinds of different versions!

I'm betting Chief Joseph is going to create Some fat off-road footwear, body lift and accesoiries for this baby.

For the Bronco that is....

anyone here have some more ideas of what van be done with that kit?

I already had Joseph make some killer, fat, Mickey Thompson Baja tires. Check em out on his site!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Ben

That's an early one, I can't tell what year the kit is since the only body modification was the turn signals in 68. After a bit of research I think a 71+ would be ideal since that is the year they went to a Dana 44 front axle.

Edited by Fat Brian

There are so many possibilities with this Bronco. I am looking forward to this. It's like a Jeep but better! I want to do one showroom stock and then maybe another as a beach beater. The Icon Bronco from a few years ago would be a chance to use some modern bits in it as well.

bronco.PNG

The K100 should be great since the AMT Kenworth COE is out of production. Hopefully they won't price the thing up into the stratosphere...which Revell tend to do with their non snap truck kits.

I imagine it will be somewhere north of $50, still better than the $125 I paid for the Aerodyne on ebay. Round2 is bringing their Aerodyne back out as the Papa truck this winter too.

Edited by Fat Brian