Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW bugs & buses ( any builds in here)

dogma3

ehhe .. some wild bugs! Must have been Scott's avatar that prompted them. Pretty cool, at any rate!

I have a few VW's in the works and one that's actually done.

My '54 we rolled 3 times in Germany

53 Bug DSC2450

My Dad's '56 Kombi

56VW Kombi Mockup DSC9662

My wife's '68 Autoshift Bug. Had to make the bumpers

68 VW Bug DSC3234

Then there's my '69 Bug with some mods. Considering on ditching this and using new Revell's.

69 engine lid DSC 1136

This is all VW underneath ... with a computer mouse body.

Mouse PhotoDSC 0970

Edited by Foxer

• 3 months later...

Lifelong VW nut, and I have a ton in the stash, but none completed yet!

But because everyone likes pics, here's one of the kits I'll be doing eventually. This kit belonged to my late father-in-law. He used to have Beetles back in the 50s and 60s. After he passed, i was going through the garage, helping to organize, and came across a box full of models. Mostly German fighter planes, but there was a VW Kubelwagen, and this Beetle kit.

DSC_5020_zpswd1n5uab.jpg

DSC_5351_zpstnznm6nv.jpg

• Like 1

I've done a few, and have some more in progress.

First up, a new bug converted to a pick up with a 911 engine in the back

DSC00626_zps7wbgns1u.jpg

DSC00635_zpsechtsq4h.jpg

DSC00629_zpsiebzr2jy.jpg

DSC00632_zpsctemqxex.jpg

Next up is a hasegawa kubelwagen (the bugs wartime version) with a type4 turbo engine

DSC00942_zpslln6xysu.jpg

DSC00950_zpsk5uklsn0.jpg

And finally a 66 panel van, box stock other than paint and a slight lowering of the front to level it out

DSC02108_zps87lfg29k.jpg

DSC02117_zps4aw2ee2v.jpg

Lifelong VW nut, and I have a ton in the stash, but none completed yet!

But because everyone likes pics, here's one of the kits I'll be doing eventually. This kit belonged to my late father-in-law. He used to have Beetles back in the 50s and 60s. After he passed, i was going through the garage, helping to organize, and came across a box full of models. Mostly German fighter planes, but there was a VW Kubelwagen, and this Beetle kit.

I don't have any contributions at the moment, but had to comment on the motorized Beetle kit. That is really neat! Any dates or other indication of how old it is? The breakdown of the body is interesting. I did a quick image search for Pyro Volkswagen kits and it looks like they did a few variants.

I was raised on air-cooled Volkswagens so I'll be watching this thread with interest. My first model was a secondhand 1/25 Revell Beetle (VW Cabriolet, Skips Fiesta Drive-In Series) that my father let me pick out at a swap meet when I was a kid. Eventually I'll dig it out for a mild rebuild. I also have a Tamiya '66 and Revell '68 (new tool) stashed away. There is some cool stuff in here and I've seen other great VW builds floating around MCM. Keep them comin'!

• 10 months later...

I've recently built a double cab DoKa. A resin transkit by Scale Production.de including front seat, roof rack, mountain bikes and various other bits from the parts box.......

photo3-th.jpg

photo7-th.jpg

photo5-th.jpg

and various VW engined beach buggies like this Manx..............

photo-th.jpg

which includes one of my cast surfboards and home brewed decals.

Edited by PatW

I saw this on Google...........

photo-th.jpg

Which on reading The Samba website is only a photoshop of what they were thinking of building in 2015. So having a Hasegawa kit I've got this far yesterday, with my own home made decals. The 'Cruz' ones have peeled off so I'm in the process of printing some more.I found the Porsche Fuchs rims and tyres in a spares box...................................

photo1-th.jpg