Model Cars Magazine Forum

gmc crackerbox

e80877477953f6b388699f6178f00a7b.jpg

Look at the picture below the cab. It looks like the bottom of the vent window is more or less even with the bottom of the windshield. This is correct. Now look at the resin cab. The vent window bottom is well below the bottom of the windshield,and it looks like the main driver window bottom is more or less even with the bottom of the windshield. This is not correct. I point this out so those of you who might care will be aware of it. G'day!

Look at the picture below the cab. It looks like the bottom of the vent window is more or less even with the bottom of the windshield. This is correct. Now look at the resin cab. The vent window bottom is well below the bottom of the windshield,and it looks like the main driver window bottom is more or less even with the bottom of the windshield. This is not correct. I point this out so those of you who might care will be aware of it. G'day!

The pic under the cab is a pic of a model built with the cab. They are exactly the same cab

The pic under the cab is a pic of a model built with the cab. They are exactly the same cab

Then you can't see the differences? I agree they OUGHT to be the same cab, but I don't think they are. Of course, I've been wrong before....

There is a better photo of the built cab on the AITM site. I think you are correct on the issue but I think the issue is also there on the built up, just hidden due to photo quality / angle. Should be easy to fix.

http://www.aitruckmodels.com/pages/ck97gmcdf7000crackerbox.html

http://www.aitruckmodels.com/pages/ck98gmccrackerboxdaycab.html

1-1

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/archer/2002/dec/icl_804.jpg

Edited by Aaronw

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a cab that started out as the AITM cab but has been heavily modified.  JeffH is doing the work.  Many changes were made along the way and the frame and accompanying details are all scratch built.  But as you can see he did not change the vent window.  Perhaps not officially correct but not enough to take away from all of the other details. (IMHO)B)

13730958_10207141025269589_264025806720913567063_10207002566928217_4727768511377

Edited by Chariots of Fire

• 7 months later...

Have I seen this correctly ? This GMC had an independent suspension up front??? Holy Moly, that's the first time I see this, I was flabbergasted when I saw Volvo trucks were using an independent setup. You're telling me GMC used that in the 60's with air ride?! Unreal!

• 3 weeks later...

Have I seen this correctly ? This GMC had an independent suspension up front??? Holy Moly, that's the first time I see this, I was flabbergasted when I saw Volvo trucks were using an independent setup. You're telling me GMC used that in the 60's with air ride?! Unreal!

Attachment30197.aspx