Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford C600 + Super Wagon

Ford C600 Tilt-cab flatbed dump, 534 high performance big block, ( I do know that's not a thing ) quad carb Latham blower with exhaust port headers. It pulls the Super wagon (also not a thing) power assist remote operated triple carb straight 6.

As a child I was surrounded by large industrial machinery; my father worked for Chevron at the refinery in Richmond. I loved to sit and watch the big trucks go by, all pretty in their powder coat paint. I truly enjoyed the single use vehicle made out of spare parts. The refinery had large trucks moving in and out all day, Trains with freight coming and going, Tanker ships docking in the bay and the biggest playground in Richmond. the playground has play equipment that would be to dangerous for kids today, but it was all painted in the same powder coat as everything else in the refinery. That place had it all and on a clear night you could sit and watch the refinery burn off unplanned over-pressuring in the flarestack, think huge flame thrower.

I've had a box of c600 parts laying around for a year or so. A month ago I sent someone a front bumper out of that box and while digging around I added up all the part and thought I might have a full truck. But I needed exhaust, intake, valve covers and one frame rail was shorter than the other.

Digging in the Ford parts I found a set of model T valve covers, I think the blower and headers came from the same kit. AMT tall T.  The wagons I6 came out of the parts box too. The Idea came from my power assist walk behind mower and the scissor lift at work. I guess it looks like a giant Radio Flyer.

This was all in fun and straight out of the parts box. I do have pics of the build and can tell you which kit each part started in, if y'all want that info.

Thanks for checking out the Ford C600, let me know what y'all think.

Jonathan

IMG_1717_zpsmtio5alu.jpgIMG_1715_zpslh0qapqk.jpgIMG_1714_zpsikntxqha.jpgIMG_1706_zpsslo9v9jb.jpgIMG_1700_zps9hd5mxkm.jpgIMG_1698_zpsvaela4k0.jpgIMG_1696_zpso8gn8ucv.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...