Model Cars Magazine Forum

California hauler with peerless log trailer

Building a ch and a peerless trailer for the father in laws birthday, most of the chassis wiring and bag lines are ran. I still have to plumb the brakes and under hood plumbing,  swapped out the Detroit for a 3406A painted yellow to avoid the question of a white prime mover

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Fantastic details!  Very well done. 

You should know that you need to extend the frame about 5ft from behind the rear duals in order to make the log trailer actually work.  It's kind of late in the project, I know, but with all the detail you're putting into your project, I thought you'd want to know.  I'll see if I can dig up some of the pics I have to show you what I'm talking about.

Thank you all  for the kind words, made a little progress it's a pretty slow going affair. Jim-I appreciate the tip but the reason I didn't put a stinger on  this particular truck is the timeframe of the truck is set in the early 70s at least here on the West Coast most of the trucks didn't have stingers yet,  but you are 100% correct especially on a wheelbase this short I normally would add a stinger but I have about two weeks left to cram six months of worth of work into this kit, so unfortunately there are just some  details that I can't put on the kit.  Below are pictures of current progress engine is about 80% done, one side of the cab lettering is done, frame needs another coat of paint after  I plum the airlines and the rest of the wiring and add the logbunk and  finish weathering the chassis you can see where I was experimenting with different colors on the frame and the fuel tanks 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Cummins1212

Hi all, thank you for the compliments, made a little more progress today. Not a ton new but I did some interior work and finally chose a color for the bud wheels on the trailer, couldn't decide on the same green as the chassis or a off-white

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the compliments everyone.

Michael  I use 12 and 16 gauge wire with the insulation striped off. The individual strands of copper are roughly the right scale to imitate a wire loom running to a light, and multiple strands banded together imitate a wire harness, the air lines are single strand insulated wires found in most electronics. I get vcr and DVDs players cheep from good will and yard sales whenever possible, I could do a write up if you would like on the next kit in line