Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT White Freightliner COE Single Drive

This is an original AMT 1973 issue White Freightliner SD. The chassis was warped when I got it, the 43 year old tires were rock hard and most of the pieces had come off their sprues, but after much patience and test fit after test fit I think it came out pretty good.
Everything here is as it came from AMT (I didn't replace or customize anything). Paint is from Testors with a couple coats of clear, and there is some some BMF attached.
It was a great old kit to build, definitely look forward to getting my hands on another couple of these when they are re-released soon. There was really no major issues worth mentioning, just spend plenty of time test fitting and you'll do ok.
Hope you all like it...

DSC01744.JPG

DSC01745.JPG

DSC01746.JPG

DSC01747.JPG

DSC01748.JPG

DSC01749.JPG

DSC01750.JPG

DSC01751.JPG

nice work !  nice clean build !  two things if I may, on the rear of the cab your cab lock handles are upside down,

and make sure the interior tub is all the way up as far as it can go.

it hits the top of the radiator and won't let the cab sit level. looks like yours is up off the rear cab mounts .

can't wait for the reissue to be released, have a couple of builds in mind .

• 3 years later...