Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Rig Exhaust System, Help Needed

So I just finished the brass "funnel", or reducer.  Too much work with not much success.  Nix the funnel.  Again, this is what I need;

photo -fat stacks 2_zpseojoswoe.jpg

So I'm gonna fake it.  Thinner tube into the thicker tube, then fill the void with my magic acrylic, shape it up and polish it.  Then paint the joint silver.

I'll make the 90° bend as good as I can with the cross-slit-technique, smooth metal up and fill it with the magic acrylic. Polish and paint.  End of the dilemma.

The magic acrylic is a powder and thin liquid, mixed it becomes goo, after 3 minutes it's harder than styrene.  Cheating, but these pipes are a bear, the toughest part of this all metal build and I'm really stumped as to how to do it otherwise.

EDIT:

After still more thinking, the above plan sucks.

Signguy, Larry has the method!  I found a pen in the drawer that'll work great.  So, I'll trim it to size and cast in nickel on Monday.  When polished it can shine like chrome, and the build remains all metal.  I like.  I won't even bother with bending the 10" stacks, they stay straight, and the reducer placed on the end, then the 5" pipe to the other end of the reducer.  5" bends a lot easier than 10".

Edited by 10thumbs