Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 2008 Viper SRT-10 (Facelift Model with H-Spoke Wheels)

Plastheniker

Hi,

Contrary to Corvettes Vipers never became popular in Europe. Very probably the reason was the rather high price. The first SRT-10 was offered on the German market in 2003 at € 115,000 while the also new Gallardo was only € 20,000 more - not a difficult decision for buyers. Two or three years later Chrysler reduced the Viper price to € 105,000 without success, so in 2006 they stopped the Viper import to Germany definitely. Since the production start in 1992 to this day I only saw two Vipers on the road (both were RT/10 models), therefore the probability for a Viper owner to encounter another Viper is neglectible - a very good reason for me to import a new Venom Red SRT-10 with H-Spoke wheels in 2008. I still own it.

Whenever possible I build models of my 1:1 cars and of course I wanted a replica of my Viper, too.

I used Revell's kit of the 2003 SRT-10 as a basis. It is a rather nice but partially rather simplified kit so some detailing was neccessary. Among other things I remember:

• The headlight inserts got real glass parts

• I opened the body to make realistic rear lights

• I replaced the clumsy side vents

• Revell didn't replicate the standard convertible boot that covers the the lowered top

I replaced the 2003 hood by the 2008 hood of the ACR kit, opened its six vents and fitted PE mesh.

Finally I scratch built the H-Spoke wheels and replicated the number plates of the real car.

My paint mixture matches the original colour quite well but my aged camera gives it a tinge of raspberries    :(   . Sorry for that.

Absolutely Beautiful Jürgen!

You made the small details really come alive for this one-----that color is a super knockout! Your 1:1 is gorgeous as well! That gen Viper is also my dream car, although I'll never part with my Challenger if I ever do get one! ;)

One of these days.........