Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Nova Street/Strip

Tyler62990

This one started out as the Revell 69 Nova SS. It's pretty much an out of box build with a few things added to jazz it up a bit. I build on a budget, so a lot of the detail parts are made from household items like solder, aluminum foil, etc. 

The list of mods includes:

Beading supplies for the fuel lines and fitting, vacuum lines, and battery cables and overflow tube.

Styrene rod fuel log

Solder and styrene strip throttle linkage and return spring

MAD Distributor

Styrene strip for wire looms

Solder for the brake lines

Kanthal wire for the alternator wires

The coil was moved from the intake manifold to the firewall, with a piece of aluminum foil to imitate a bracket

Battery labels are reduced images from Google

License plate from Acme License Plate Maker

Harness made from textured paper and styrene strip

Roll bar padding made from heat shrink tubing and solder for the ties

The paint is Tamiya White Primer, Duplicolor Garnet Red, Testors Blazing Black and Testors Wet Look Clear.

Well that about wraps it up. Thanks for looking!

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I really appreciate it!

Very nice looking nova, paint is stunning ! Love the dio too, in the last pic how come the guys welding ????  

Great work on that Nova Tyler! What is that guy welding on over there? and What did you use for the welding light?

I have the welder on a separate circuit from the other lights, I just forgot to shut it off lol. That 54 Chevy is pretty rusty, though. It probably could use a patch here or there.

The welder is a modified piece from the Fujimi Tools set, drilled out to accommodate two nano LED lights from Woodland Scenics, one bright white, one blue. They're both connected to a strobe circuit I purchased from eBay.

So, in other words, not "out of the box" at all.

Pretty nice job, though. I like the paint.

Yeah, I guess not. What I meant was that the car, with the exception of the added details, can be built with what's in the box. No suspension mods, no chopping/bodywork, no aftermarket engine parts, etc. I need to brush up on my modeller lingo lol

Very nice Nova, makes me wanna finish my old Copo Nova project.. B) Maybe some day, now 77 Chevy van and 32` 5 window coupe keeps me busy.. :lol:

Thank you. I'll be watching for that 32, I love those things. I have more than a few in the stash to do myself