Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gravity Colors, amazing service!

After I posted I went ahead and contacted them , I believe it was Antonio that responded to me and let me know that it was finally shipped out today,  all of my previous orders went out within a few days,  I understand that they might of got a lot of orders in so I am sure that slowed things down a bit.

Oh good. Remember too, pending on what you ordered, it may have been in transit. Mate is the NA distributor and he may have been waiting for product from Europe to come in. I dont know that he bottles anything here.

Edited by Jhedir6

I did some checking for the person that commented that I was too lazy to ship to Canada. I spoke with the USPS today to find out about shipping my paints to Canada. It would have to go 1st class International. The cost for a 3 pound package, would be about $35.00. I will be happy to ship paint to Canada.  I had looked into FED EX shipping for mu paint when I first took over MCW paints and they wanted 100.00 to ship a three pound package to Canada.

Hmm...  Don't MCW paints contain ingredients which are considered flammable/hazardous?  As I understand 1st class mail is Air Mail. But flammable/hazardous contents is banned from being shipped by air.  How do I know? Because I had the hardest time shipping couple of small bottles of Alclad paints back to the manufacturer (and that was within USA).  They ended up being shipped by ground service wit all sort s of warning labels on them!

I imagine the same rules apply to international shipments.  Unless you lie about the contents of the package then you will most likely not able to ship these 1st class International mail.

Hmm...  Don't MCW paints contain ingredients which are considered flammable/hazardous?  As I understand 1st class mail is Air Mail. But flammable/hazardous contents is banned from being shipped by air.  How do I know? Because I had the hardest time shipping couple of small bottles of Alclad paints back to the manufacturer (and that was within USA).  They ended up being shipped by ground service wit all sort s of warning labels on them!

I imagine the same rules apply to international shipments.  Unless you lie about the contents of the package then you will most likely not able to ship these 1st class International mail.

I looked into this before, apparently it has something to do with the size. For example, it is ok to ship a 1 oz bottle vs larger sizes such as a quart, gallon etc.  

I looked into this before, apparently it has something to do with the size. For example, it is ok to ship a 1 oz bottle vs larger sizes such as a quart, gallon etc.  

I had all the problems I mentioned by just shipping two 1oz. Alclad II bottles.  Go figure...

• 4 months later...

Sounds like most of you have had better luck then me. Placed an order on 3/13. Said it shipped 3/28. Trackng shows its still in pre-shipment and my emails, while recent, have gone unanswered. Previous order was very quick and smooth.  

• 2 weeks later...

Last year, I placed an order with Gravity Colors and after a week of no movement on the tracking number (despite the order status showing as "shipped"), I contacted them to find out what was going on. 4 emails later with the last one being somewhat heated on my part, I got a response...an apology, Refund and immediate shipment of the items ordered free of charge.  I considered that great customer service...then.

So a couple of weeks ago, I placed an $80 some odd dollar order and I find myself faced with the exact same situation again. Nothing rec'd, no additional replies to emails, no movement on the tracking number.

Is this the normal way that Gravity does business?  After ordering these items from Gravity Colors (located in DelRay Beach Florida), I had placed an order with Ted's (in Naples Florida) and received that in 3 days.  Shipping is pretty much equal distance to Maryland just one is on the opposite coast of Florida from the other.  Even if ground service, it should not take this long...cripes, it could have walked here faster if it had legs!

I will call gravity tomorrow rather than emailing them again, but I doubt I will be placing any more orders with them.

Edited by BDSchindler

Way back when I used to write for hobby magazines, I would get email from people that had issues getting products they had ordered. I would tell them to contact the seller first and if that didn't work, to seek out the more popular forums and place a posting regarding the issue.

Nothing promotes a faster response than bad press in a public forum provided you tell the truth. So I decided last night to take my own advice and post my experiences with Gravity Colors...(see two posts above).

Low and behold, suddenly there is movement with the tracking information! No response to email, so far, but shipment is expected to be on my doorstep on Saturday. I won't bother holding my breath until its in hand, however!

I'm sorry but when items are supposedly in stock, I take that to mean they are in stock in the local office (in this case, Florida). This was not an issue with USPS (item was flagged for shipping a week ago), but more an issue with the merchant. Nothing was lost apparently as the order has (supposedly) been filled/shipped.

There are other options out there for future reference. In so far as Gravity is concerned, I'm done.

My order is finally showing progress on usps tracking today after he said it shipped on 3/28. I don't mind waiting but the lack of communication is what makes me mad. I sent 5 emails and messaged him directly on Facebook and the only response i got was it was the post offices fault. This was my second order and will probably be my last. No reason an order with all "in stock" products should take over a month to get. 

Finally Talked with Mate, he explained the USPS sorting facility near him has been having some major issues.  He backed this up with a link were several others have experienced the same problem at the same location. 

He also mentioned that his Email server has been having problems as well. He refunded me shipping charges and 10% of my total for the issues.  This has restored enough of a trust that I will try again next time i need paint.  

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=3119574

I have never had an issue with Mate @ Gravity Colors, one of the best to deal with. I have spent hundreds of dollars on many orders.  One thing I have experienced whether it is Gravity Colors, Model Car Garage, Ted's Modeling Marketplace and any eBay seller from South Florida, when my package hits Miami Postal Center it sits forever. I have seen delays from several days to weeks. Once it leaves Miami I have my package delivered in Canada within a couple days. Those Miami postal employees must be on the beach sipping Margaritas.

Just noticed the dates. Being USPS I still believe it could be an issue today.  Talking with him personally today was more of a relief than the link above stating a similar problem, Mike's statement just reaffirms there are issues with shipping out of Southern Florida.  I currently have a package that has sat for 3 days now in Memphis that is coming Fedex from HLJ, usually I get it in 3-4 days once shipped. I will still give Mate one more shot, especially since my first experience was flawless

Here's a trick that sounds totally bogus but it actually works.  If you ever get a USPS package "stuck" somewhere on the tracking, request text or email updates.  This does some sort of ping out through the USPS system and sometimes the package has moved but just hasn't updated the tracking.  We use this trick on a nearly daily basis at work, it works like magic 90% of the time.  On a personal note, I just had this happen to one of mine yesterday.  I had some ScaleFinishes that had been sitting "label created but not picked up" in Utah since the 17th, I requested updates yesterday afternoon and now this morning guess what's out for delivery all the way in NJ?  I guarantee you that's what happened when you contact the sender, they request updates and it makes the package appear like it started moving again. 

Here's a trick that sounds totally bogus but it actually works.  If you ever get a USPS package "stuck" somewhere on the tracking, request text or email updates.  This does some sort of ping out through the USPS system and sometimes the package has moved but just hasn't updated the tracking.  We use this trick on a nearly daily basis at work, it works like magic 90% of the time.  On a personal note, I just had this happen to one of mine yesterday.  I had some ScaleFinishes that had been sitting "label created but not picked up" in Utah since the 17th, I requested updates yesterday afternoon and now this morning guess what's out for delivery all the way in NJ?  I guarantee you that's what happened when you contact the sender, they request updates and it makes the package appear like it started moving again. 

I do that with every package as I primarily just want to know when it is delivered.  In this case, as soon as Gravity provided a tracking number, I set it for texting the status and it still sat for days on end label created but not picked up.

I do that with every package as I primarily just want to know when it is delivered.  In this case, as soon as Gravity provided a tracking number, I set it for texting the status and it still sat for days on end label created but not picked up.

You have to do it again after it gets "stuck".   It's not so much that you have updates enabled, it needs to send that fresh ping out across the system. 

We ship around 100 packages a day with USPS, sometimes 300+  We have a big truck come everyday and it picks up these big metal cages the USPS gives us.  I don't know how much Gravity ships, but if you ship a lot they stick a special barcode on your door.  When they pick your stuff up they don't scan every item, they scan that barcode and it's supposed to update every label you printed that day as picked up.  If they forget to scan that barcode the tracking doesn't get updated. Or sometimes it's just a random glitch. Seems like I get at least one call or email everyday from someone whose tracking says awaiting pickup. I know it's not here, we don't leave anything.  

The thing is, it makes no sense for a business to print a label if they're not going to ship it right then, you pay for postage when you print the label.  

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2017 at 1:46 PM, BDSchindler said:

This is currently my situation. Printed the label days ago, no movement. This is after Mate promised weeks ago I'd have my order. Big notice on his site about COVID-19 impacts, but these delays aren't unusual for him coronavirus or not.  Just wish he'd be more honest - if you aren't ready to ship, don't print the shipping label and mark the order as complete.

Edited by BVC500

On 3/14/2020 at 1:27 PM, crowe-t said:

How is the shipping/service of Gravity Colors Spain to the United States?

Is the Gravity Colors Spain paint as good as the Gravity Colors USA paint?

Gravity Colors Spain is excellent in service and shipping to the USA and paint is good too . You can order from them and they will ship in short order.  You will have none of the issues people have with GC USA.

Edited by BVC500

On 3/27/2020 at 3:56 PM, BVC500 said:

Gravity Colors Spain is excellent in service and shipping to the USA and paint is good too . You can order from them and they will ship in short order.  You will have none of the issues people have with GC USA.

I'll second  that. My orders from Gravity Colors Spain have always arrived all the way down here within a week and I can't notice any difference in the paint between the two companies.