Model Cars Magazine Forum

#00 dominos toyota

chris kauffman

This is the first time I have ever posted any work here, so please be gentle. This is David reutimen's domino's toyota from 2007. The body is a resin piece from JNS resins, and the decals are from powerslide. I converted the nose into a speedway car from it's original configuration. I just like the looks of the speedway cars alot better. The paint is krylon tru blue gloss sprayed over a white base. I sprayed it into an airbrush bottle then airbrushed on. Then shot it with two part automotive clear. The wheels are shot with alclad chrome then polished out.

Thanks for looking,

Chris kauffman

P1010363.jpg

P1010361.jpg

P1010364.jpg

Thank you all once again for the compliments,They are appreciated.

Promod,

The best suggestions I can give. Get good refrence pics of your subject, and of course take your time.I have seen several diffrent builds of this car. Some used metallic paint and I went another route. The refrence pics I had were from daytona, and the car just did'nt look metallic to me. The early preview shots of the car were, but my pics did'nt look that way. I used solvaset to soften the decals and get them down. If you don't mind a suggestions/plug if you have'nt gotten a body go to jnsresin.com for your toyota body.You'll need to use an '06/07 monte carlo kit for the front, rear and passenger side windowThe rear quarters will need to be made from sheet styrene..The JNS body was made from a monte carlo body, and mastered by thad brooks. My car has a ford engine in it. They looked close enough to the refrence shots I could find of the toyota engine, so I went with it for just a shelf car. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.