Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Del Rio Custom Wagon

Sport Suburban

I have not been posting many of my builds so I figured I would post a few and see what you guys think. Here is a 57 Del Rio Wagon built somewhat Pro Touring style. I was going thinking of building it with a 427 Cammer engine for something different. I didn't have one of them in my stash and saw an article using the new Boss 302 motor. I had that and thought why not! I did use the motor and fan shroud along with reworking the air intake parts to get it all to work. I love the way it cam out and looks like it belongs. I also used the rear axle from the Boss 302 kit and had to lengthen the driveshaft. Wheels are from the Revell 59 Corvette kit and work great. Breaks are from the Boss 302. The interior is mostly stock with a floor shifter added for the 6 speed trans along with a custom steering wheel from my parts box. Paint is Tamiya spray TS-30 silver and TS-39 red with real auto clear coat. Fell free to ask any questions or post any comments.