Model Cars Magazine Forum

Favorite Fast Food

Breathing in some cities isn't good from a health standpoint either.I've seen more zombie-like, sickly health food adherents coming out of "healthy" food establishments who have envious looks on their faces as I chow down on a Joe's Busy Corner "Godfather" hero stuffed with prosciutto, provolone, pepperoni, mozzarella, soppressata, lettuce, tomato and mayo, while they pick through their locally sourced, cruelty-free, organic shrub salads. One doesn't need to, and shouldn't, live on a diet strictly based on fast food menu offerings. I reaaaaaalllllly want a Quadruple Bypass Burger, though. With a side of fries. And a large Coke. And extra pickles.

so when do you think your diabetes will kick in. any appointment set for the angioplasty? you may be mistaking those looks of envy for amazement.

health, either good or bad, is a cumulative effect.

One of your favorites? The little emoticons your using, look like your giving it the finger.

well yes indeed one of my Favorites, the emoji is of course two thumbs up, but then you know that right? ?

Seriously, everytime I see Taco Bell, even in cartoons like South Park, I want to eat one! I mean it I really want to eat one. It looks great to me....

Too bad they don't have any open in China...

So mentioned about fast food... maybe only this...Burger King?

Fast food.  Hmmm.  I haven't been to a franchise burger-type place in decades, not in the future either.  Very dubious, my opinion.

One street down from my home is a very small pizza take out place, since 1965 in family hands.  The best pizza I've ever had outside of Italy.  Read original.

I like a good Thai joint for take outs too, fresh ingredients and you can see what they're putting in the wok.

Germany has excellent sausages, grilled on the spot and excellent fries too.  There's one that's a trailer and pulled to the market place on Fridays, locally owned and local ingredients.  The place has been given an absolute top rating, nationwide.

What I really miss though, is BBQ !!

When I visit Florida, the decision, shrimp or BBQ, is always a toughy.

I just remembered one around here...there's a little bar in Woodstock called, I think, the Truckstop Cafe. They serve no food, but out back in the parking lot, there are various specialty food trucks that come park and sell. One of the best sells fresh seafood (flown in) cooked to order. Last time I was there they had Maine lobster burgers...big chunks of lobster meat swimming in butter, on a crusty bun. Ace-number-one-hand-made tarter sauce on the side...though WHY you'd put tarter sauce on lobster is beyond me.  B)

so when do you think your diabetes will kick in. any appointment set for the angioplasty? you may be mistaking those looks of envy for amazement.

health, either good or bad, is a cumulative effect.

Definitely envy. That's obvious when Montague and Cankleen, who were dining on an organic street weed wrap, kept peeking over to watch me eat, ask me where I got that sandwich and, after they discover that it cost less than the shrubbery they were previously grazing on, walked over and got one for themselves. 

Aside from being the human equivalent of a pretty banged up, 56 year old car due to the accident I was in nine years ago, my motor runs like new, my fuel lines aren't blocked and I can kick up the horses when needed. Longevity is a family trait. Nobody, WW II related reasons excepted, in my family punched their ticket before age 85. A whole bunch have exceeded that line and are still accumulating high mileage. So, enjoy your healthy organic kale salad with alfalfa sprouts and and rooftop farmed dandelion hearts. I'm planning on making a couple of high calorie, cholesterol-laden, rare 2" thick Porterhouse steaks, seasoned fried potatoes and a Vidalia onion and tomato salad drowned in Peter Luger Steak Sauce for my son and me tonight. :P  :D 

I just remembered one around here...there's a little bar in Woodstock called, I think, the Truckstop Cafe. They serve no food, but out back in the parking lot, there are various specialty food trucks that come park and sell. One of the best sells fresh seafood (flown in) cooked to order. Last time I was there they had Maine lobster burgers...big chunks of lobster meat swimming in butter, on a crusty bun. Ace-number-one-hand-made tarter sauce on the side...though WHY you'd put tarter sauce on lobster is beyond me.  B)

Tartar sauce on lobster is like ketchup on prime rib. You can't account for some people's tastes. :) 

Neither is just being alive in 2016, if you want to look at the "big picture."

i think life is pretty good. although i have no previous experiences which to compare. i did date a woman for a period who couldn't "do it" in certain positions because of an injury she received as "... a general in the civil war navy...". i never did ask if it was the North or South Navy....

Taco Bell (should have bought stock)

Same here. 

Next time you go, if you like their beefy 5 layer burrito, politely ask them if you could get one with light beans, add the red strips, and then have it grilled. Best thing ever. 

Tartar sauce on lobster is like ketchup on prime rib. You can't account for some people's tastes. :) 

Except there's nothing like an authentic New England lobster roll, close to what Ace describes. Even McDonald's has them.

Edited by sjordan2

MY favorite would be a Portillo's Italian beef sandwich with fries.  Since it's about a 100 mile one way drive to get theere, I don't have it very often.  More locally is Taco Bell and usually go there after out monthly FAST meeting.  Three soft tacos and a senior drink.  McDonald's even once in a great while.  Pizza in FLA is garbage so we get the deep dish from Little Caesar's and doctor it up.  The best pizza is from Gianorios  in Winfield, IL.

Pizza?  Within the context of  chain operations:

1.  GODFATHERS!!!   {Yes, they are rebounding/coming back!}   None better.

2.  Papa Murphy's. 

3.  Pizza Hut.  Gotta give PH a shout out.  The chain started in my hometown and I worked for the founders in a couple of their other early business enterprises.  Great guys and their success was well earned.

The rest all taste alike.

Edited by Danno

Here’s a fast food that’s famous in the Meridan CT area…steamed burgers!

I have to say, they are delicious! I found out about them years ago from a friend.

While driving down to Manhattan, I decided to stop at Ted’s…glad I did!

K LaMay’s is just as good. If you’re ever in the area, I strongly suggest trying either one of these places :D

http://www.tedsrestaurant.com/about.html
http://www.klamayssteamedcheeseburgers.com/
http://www.masslive.com/food/2015/05/connecticut_steamed_cheeseburgers.html