Model Cars Magazine Forum

What predictions can we make for new kit releases in 2017?

GMP440

Here are my predictions:

- 68 Dodge Coronet R/T

- 70 Dodge Charger R/T

- 64 Pontiac Grand Prix

- continuation of Plymouth Volare Fuzzduster

- any 67 to 72 Chevy truck

- 71 Dodge Demon

-  64 Olds Cutlass streaker drag car

I predict there will be some brand new kits launched, along with some reissues I never thought we'd see again.

I predict that some of them will have almost no appeal to me.

I predict that some will have a lot of appeal to me.

I predict I'll probably buy at least one of each of them. B)

Revell: '70 AAR Cuda, and another variant of the '67 Camaro.

Sooner or later, someone HAS to give us a new '65 GTO.

I keep expecting R2 to find the Sonny & Cher Mustang molds and reissue that, rendering my unbuilt original (relatively) worthless.

Would be nice to see R2 restore the MPC Mako Shark II molds back to "stock."

Here are my predictions:

- 68 Dodge Coronet R/T

- 70 Dodge Charger R/T

- 64 Pontiac Grand Prix

- continuation of Plymouth Volare Fuzzduster

- any 67 to 72 Chevy truck

- 71 Dodge Demon

-  64 Olds Cutlass streaker drag car

Pretty bold prediction . But I certainly hope they all come true

The latest Ferrari and Lamborghinis is a no brainer.  Maybe this time we'll see a kit of Bugatti's Chiron.

AMT's 32 Ford roadster is due for a comeback,  and maybe Revell will release something bases on the Stacy David Deuce roadster.

Edited by Richard Bartrop

Since I finally went and ordered the Modelhaus '68 Coronet... we will see a new tool before I get my Modelhaus order.

I did too, so that should double the Koronet Karma.

Oh, wait. We actually have to build them, and get them at least 75% done...all the hard stuff...and THEN they will make a new one.

I predict there will be some brand new kits launched, along with some reissues I never thought we'd see again.

I think that sums up view as well.  I don't think I could add more to it

This is fun game. I'll play.

1. Big Oly Bronco

2. Another hit off the Revell 29/30 Model A tool.(Sedan or Woody)

3. A new Take on the Evergreen Revell 32 Deuce. (Probably by mixing parts from existing kits, combined with new decals)

4 Something really electrifying from the Vaults at Round2. Every year they find at least one "Knock-your-socks-off" kit. I have no clue what it could be. It will however attract attention and controversy. (Which sells kits)

5. Kits from Round2 that have been run in the last 15 years, but NOT in the last 5. About time for the '49 Ford to come back too.

6. And a "Swing for the Fence" guess. The AMT '23 T in both Hot Rod and stock versions.

Exactly what I thought when I read the first post, except for the last line. I am giving more thought to my purchases as of late and see that continuing next year.

Totally Different Kit. There is an instruction sheet for it over at the Drastic Plastic Website. Stock or Rod options, SBC was the V-8 with 6 carbs. Kinda endearing in a 1970's way. The '25 and the '23 share no tooling at all. Multi-piece frame and a slightly better stock engine than the '25 kit. Really Clumsy looking Street Rod Running gear. (at least to me) Probably quite correct when the kit was tooled, however.

http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/mkiba-build-under-c/amt-instructions/automotive-cars--pi/ford/1921-1930/amt-1923-ford-t-roa/

A few easy ones...

Revell will do a '57 Ranchero

If we're lucky they'll expand that tool to include a '58 or two

We will see more models from the '29 Ford tool

We should see another version of the '32 as well

Maybe they'll surprise us with an accurate '33-34?

There should be some additional use of the Torino tool,  maybe some other years or maybe a Mercury?

Nova tool -  what more could they give us?  Maybe the 73 and later car?   

Bronco (Yea!)  will no doubt have an off road racing version, and maybe a drag version

How about a '71 Camaro SS396 2 'n 1 based off of the new tool Camaro. If they tooled up a non-Rally Sport front fascia, it would "sell like cattle".

I like that idea, but they'd have to treat the non-RS front end almost like an old-school custom--"Cut this away here, then glue this other part on."

I'm restoring an original AMT non-RS '70, and ordered a couple repro grille/bumpers from that kit from Modelhaus to do others in the future on the modern kit if the mood strikes me. I always thought the standard front look MUCH better than the RS for those years. (And have always thought the Firebird front end was better yet.)

Ditto. Car modelers have a really lousy batting average when it comes to prognosticating. Unlike armor and aircraft kits, almost none of these wishlist items will ever see the light of day in styrene. 

I like that idea, but they'd have to treat the non-RS front end almost like an old-school custom--"Cut this away here, then glue this other part on."

I'd rather see them do a new body. That way they could correct the tops of the rear fenders at the same time.