Model Cars Magazine Forum

Howdy from BC

I am a 64 year old guy from the great white north, as a kid I spent many enjoyable hours screwing up various kits my folks would buy for me. I am looking to buy a kit for my son of a 1954 Chevy Pickup as a gift. These trucks were only produced for about a year and a half (1954 and 1955 - 1st series until they could bring the new 55's out). The only lead I have been able to find so far is from this site by Curt Rait (spelling)? from 2010.

I was hoping Curt or someone else might be able to point me in the right direction to buy a the above mentioned kit.

That and I think I will be interested with what is posted here.

Regards

KTK

Hey Ken, welcome. What part of BC are you from? I have family on the island and lived there for a while when I was a kid myself.

About the truck, Closest you'll be able to find in a regular kit is the '50 AMT makes. Really nice kit. There was someone doing the '54 cab to convert the AMT kit years ago but I don't remember who it was, maybe someone else here could help with that.

Hey Ken, welcome. What part of BC are you from? I have family on the island and lived there for a while when I was a kid myself.

About the truck, Closest you'll be able to find in a regular kit is the '50 AMT makes. Really nice kit. There was someone doing the '54 cab to convert the AMT kit years ago but I don't remember who it was, maybe someone else here could help with that.

Thanks for the welcome to you both. To answer your question just outside of Vancouver, Coquitlam (Burke Mountain). I have spent some time on the Island and we own a bit of land near Black Creek. Unfortunately the skill level involved to turn a 50 into a 54 would be very high. The 54 had a different grill, it was the first year with a single piece windshield and the bed rails are flat rather than angled.

Bt the site is great and the skill level I have seen so far is amazing.

Regards

KTK