Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell T-bone Stake

bigzm125

Found this kit at a flea market not to long ago. To my surprise it's complete other than a decal sheet if it came with one. Was wondering if anyone has any information or interest in this kit. Can't find any for sale on eBay Is it rare or has been reproduced in the recent past? Thanks! 

image.jpeg

It was a series of C Cab style vehicles that all shared the same platform but came in different guises and where released in the early 70's. There where about 5 different versions. I know that the T Bone Stake and the Medicine Man where  issued as and Advent model and it was also offered to the Model Builders Club members, but I have never seen them re-issued. I for one would love to see them all come back! 

MedicineMantop-vi.jpg

Der_Guber_Wagon_Revell_H_1213_25th.jpg

metercheater_big

72a6bb6e07637f55eee8c9193c45dda3.jpg

tbone_stake_big

IMG_4165L.jpg

They are fiddly kits, as those Revell kits of that era often are. Getting all the chassis parts to stay glued together can be a real PITA. They are however nice little kits. I've had the Meter Cheater, Medicine Van, and T-Bone Stake at one time or another. All had those truly awful Revell Two Piece tires. They used to show up on the 'Bay fairly often, and the price would vary widely. They were issued a couple times in the 1970's but have not been since to my knowledge.  With Modern Tires/Wheels they are still great kits to have fun with. I'd build it, and enjoy it. There are some nice builds over at the Showrod Rally website.

Didn't they have some Road Agent bits in them? Engine, some other parts? I thought I'd read that on Dave's board. It'd be great to get some of these back. Moon Mixer was cool. Never showed up in shops when I was kid. 

Nice build Dave, and whomever built all 5 above. Showrods are great. Glad some people keep pushing ;)

I'm surprised Revell hasn't done anything with these in recent years.  I doubt all of them can be reissued; if you take a good look at the stake version, it appears to have been created by altering the der Guber Wagen version.  The stake came out in the mid-Seventies: later than the initial issues of the other four, but before the Advent issue of the Patent Pending panel van version. That one was from 1979, which was pretty much the whole period of existence of the Advent brand name.

Didn't they have some Road Agent bits in them? Engine, some other parts? I thought I'd read that on Dave's board. It'd be great to get some of these back. Moon Mixer was cool. Never showed up in shops when I was kid. 

Nice build Dave, and whomever built all 5 above. Showrods are great. Glad some people keep pushing ;)

If they have any parts from the Road Agent it would be just the engine itself, it appears that these (at least my old Medicine Man glue bomb) have a transaxle that's based on a VW, or in the very least it's a manual transmission, where the one in the Road Agent was a two speed powerglide.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...