Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Meyers Manx

Rick_Bennett

Finally finished this kit even though it battled me all the way.  The instructions were vague but I had owned a couple of Baja Bugs over the years so could figure it out.  The biggest issue I had is the plastic seemed to resist model glues and super glues, so I had to use epoxy on the kit which really slowed down the processes.  It is box stock except for a wired engine and flocking on the carpets.  A tough kit but a fun project.IMGP6649.thumb.JPG.673a4b2862d1251def7e9IMGP6646.thumb.JPG.fd0d49f8f41302a005b00IMGP6645.thumb.JPG.2ccbc5befa22e69118352

Nice!! I have had the glue (and paint) problem on some of the recent Round Two kits, no amount of cleaning or prep seems to completely overcome the problem. Something in the plastic they are using I suppose. Regardless you overcame issue and built a nice one!

Finally finished this kit even though it battled me all the way.  The instructions were vague but I had owned a couple of Baja Bugs over the years so could figure it out.  

From those vague instructions I couldn't get the front end to go together and sit right.  I finally cut it up and positioned the parts as they should be.  Yea, I remember those Revell kits baffling me as a kid.  No different today.