Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 72 Chevy Blazer crew chief

Had a couple of days of work this week and I managed to put this one together in 3 days which must be some sort of record for me!. 

This is a great kit for its age, couple of slight fit issues the rear bumper looks like it has a big gap in the photo yet it isn't that bad in person ?, and the hardtop isn't the best fit especially the tailgate, but this is just minor. I had a blast building and detailing this one. I decided to build it like the box artwork which is very nice in itself, unfortunately I had to use a different building firm as the Universal Construction ones fell apart. 

Comments and critique welcome.

20160721_164816.jpg20160721_161023.jpg20160721_164917.jpg20160721_165315.jpg20160721_165134.jpg

Edited by Mr Stock

Looks really nice!

As a minor suggestion, get some thin sheet styrene, cut out some small rectangular pieces out of it, then glue them to the inside of your hardtop and paint them black. It will keep the top from bouncing around and allow it to sit better to the cab. Like this...

Smokey%20Bear%2014_zps9xa3bm3s.jpg

And my tailgate has the same gap as well. Must be the nature of the kit.

Great work!!!

Looks really nice!

As a minor suggestion, get some thin sheet styrene, cut out some small rectangular pieces out of it, then glue them to the inside of your hardtop and paint them black. It will keep the top from bouncing around and allow it to sit better to the cab. Like this...

Smokey%20Bear%2014_zps9xa3bm3s.jpg

And my tailgate has the same gap as well. Must be the nature of the kit.

Great work!!!

Tha a great tip Allen thankyou