Model Cars Magazine Forum

1937 Chevy Business Coupe

mangodart

Hi guys,

Back with a new built : this time a 37 Chevy Coupe by AMT. Bone stock to the 6 Stovebolt. Don't know if you ever built this kit but final assembly is a nightmare !!! Nothing feats !!!! And it's a pity because AMT did a very nice job back then with the engraving of the detail and the overhall line of the car !!!

Anyway, I'm quite happy with the result, it's box stock expect for the little wiring. Color is from Mopar ( a 67 one ) but looks very close to the "Ottawa Blue Poly" from the 37 color chip. Hope you'll like it ;)

DSC09442_zpsu8cyv2qh.jpg

DSC09443_zpsaxzlonod.jpg

DSC09444_zps6yimxfz0.jpg

DSC09445_zpsn8uvr5hv.jpg

DSC09446_zpsspe2mwfe.jpg

Edited by mangodart

Great job, Emmanuel! I love cars from that era, like mentioned earlier, I get bored with all the Fords out there! I have the newest version of that kit in my stash, it leers at me every time I go into that room, but I have heard about the fit issues of that kit. You may have inspired me to give it a go!

Great job, Emmanuel! I love cars from that era, like mentioned earlier, I get bored with all the Fords out there! I have the newest version of that kit in my stash, it leers at me every time I go into that room, but I have heard about the fit issues of that kit. You may have inspired me to give it a go!

Thanks for the nice comments. If I can give you an advice, don't hesitate to do a lot of try before final assembly, especially with the interior bucket feet inside ;)

Very nice build of a 'difficult' model Emmanuel!! I know from experience as I build the same kit just last year and it looks and sounds like we had the same fit issues. Such as hood fit and the rear wheels looking a bit too big for the wheel wells. Again very well done!!! Wish mine would have come out that nice:(

GEDC0214_zpswu1jqmg8.jpg

Edited by Fanof69