Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/48 Hasegawa Arado 234 Blitz-More Cockpit Progress-01/10

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:09 AM, Dragline said:

On YouTube I subscribe to Scale-A-Ton and Plasmo because they are outstanding military modelers. I think I just found another. Really excellent work on the resin cockpit. Overall fit and finish is also quite fine.

Watching you watching me.

Thanks for that Bob. I watch YouTube videos too and learn a ton from them as well as following along on the forums.

A post just to show that I'm still working on this bad boy....

This morning saw the finish of the aerial antenna and I'm currently working on those painting those 2000 rivets on the cockpit framing. :shocked: I'm just glad the hard part of this build is now behind me. :shoutout:

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:44 PM, bisc63 said:

Really looking the part! This has been a fun follow-along. Do more!

Thanks Rusty! I came from aviation modeling and do intend to do more. Thanks for following along bud.

Well.....I finished the screw head application as of this morning but still need to weather the framing somewhat to tone the brightness of the screw detail down. They pop just a little too loudly.

Ok folks....the main body of the build is now completed after dulling the screw head shine down. I'll be starting on the engine assembly and painting next. I've been doing my research so as to build as accurate of a 004 as possible. Stay tuned:

I started up on the engine paint up this morning. I have really come to like these macro shots as I use them as a tool to go back and fix certain things that either I miss or made a mistake on. Found a couple of areas that need some attention in the shot below. Anyways....after a base coat, a very light wash just to bring the details out and a little bit of detail painting this is the latest progress:

• 2 weeks later...

Well fellas....It's finally come to an end. I started this kit over three years ago and ran into a lot of problematic areas with this kit. To say that this kit has now moved into #1 on my most difficult/ frustrating and sometimes angering build would simply be an understatement. It was so bad that I stepped away from aircraft building altogether for those 3 years. Some of it I brought on myself by making things more difficult than they needed to be and other areas were just plain ridiculous the way Hasegawa put this thing together. This kit is touted to be one of the best scale model representations of this iconic plane and on that point I'll agree once it's built. Getting there was the difficult part for me. Enough of that banter though. Thanks go out to all who followed, commented and helped out since its beginning.
After 3 long years my Arado is finally completed:

Finished cockpit photo

In progress cockpit photo:

aaaaaaaaand engine shots:

Edited by mustang1989