Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Plymouth Belvedere Finished

Mopar - D

This is going to be a "Plane Jane" base level build of the 68 Plymouth Belvedere 4 door. I picked up the body off eBay a couple years ago and will be using the AMT road runner for chassis and the Lidburg 64 Belvedere for the slant 6. I'm going with a yellow gold (HH1)  exterior and a tan interior. So far I've been cleaning up the body panel lines and opening up the hood. Did some test fitting and so far every things to fit good. Here's where I'm at with this. 

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

Edited by Mopar - D

You are going to enjoy this build...I used the same resin body on that chassis and got good results. 

There is just one thing I want to make you aware of: the track on these chassis is too narrow. Spend some time fitting the chassis, look at the relationship between the completed wheels and the body, and you will see what I mean. You will need to somehow widen the track on both the front and rear wheels somehow. That what the only thing I was dissatisfied with during my build.

Small update I've sprayed the interior and tried using some decal seat entail and they cracked when I was placing them. I'm going to try spraying them with some decal clear spray. Going with the tan and yellow for the build. Getting ready to wire up the 6. 

image_8.jpeg

Edited by Mopar - D

Slantzilla, love it Dan.  Not a Hemi, great stuff.

Is that chrome powder from Uschi?  I like the look.

I'm familiar with plane Jane Mopars, my 1st experience was a frog from '62, then later on a 383 '64 Sport Fury, great looking car that ran well.  Also the family had others, 65 V100 grocery getter, 68 273 Valiant that later got a 340 then things started getting rowdy!  All were newly bought.  Yep, Mopars are special.