Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Nova Pro Touring Help

Hello - I'm looking for advice on how to build a '69 Chevy Pro Touring scale vehicle.  I'm particularly interested in finding a style wheel that will match the 1/25 scale Revell '69 Chevy Nova SS or Yenko kit that I plan to use.  I'm familiar with Aoshima and Pegasus but I couldn't find a style that I'm looking for with these.  I found some Aoshima that might work, but I'm unfamiliar with what inch wheel and tire size I might need (they were all pictured with imports).  I also noticed that these were 1/24 scale.  I'm open to resin, aluminum, 3D printed, or maybe even another kit that I could find something in this particular style:  Boze Performance or something close to this - http://www.bozeforged.com/performance.html

I'm also wondering how I might go about lowering this kit as well as if the box stock engines would work or other upgrades that I might do for Pro Touring.  This style is all new territory for me, so thanks for any help, even if you can steer me in the direction for more research.

Edited by drsnapper55

Hello - I'm looking for advice on how to build a '69 Chevy Pro Touring scale vehicle.  I'm particularly interested in finding a style wheel that will match the 1/25 scale Revell '69 Chevy Nova SS or Yenko kit that I plan to use.  I'm familiar with Aoshima and Pegasus but I couldn't find a style that I'm looking for with these.  I found some Aoshima that might work, but I'm unfamiliar with what inch wheel and tire size I might need (they were all pictured with imports).  I also noticed that these were 1/24 scale.  I'm open to resin, aluminum, 3D printed, or maybe even another kit that I could find something in this particular style:  Boze Performance or something close to this - http://www.bozeforged.com/performance.html

I'm also wondering how I might go about lowering this kit as well as if the box stock engines would work or other upgrades that I might do for Pro Touring.  This style is all new territory for me, so thanks for any help, even if you can steer me in the direction for more research.

Pegasus has a set with the wheels with no centers and you could cut down some rally wheels or what ever you wanted for centers and you would have a polished outer with a low profile tire on it.  

Check out Pro-Touring.com

http://www.pro-touring.com/search.php?searchid=2806267&pp=&page=2

Tons of builds and info and a lot of aftermarket PT suppliers.

I can 3D model and print any wheel design you want if you are interested in having some custom ones made.

Mark

Thank you very much Mark, and I will definitely keep this in mind as I look in to this further - I'm doing this build for a family member, so going to double check and see exactly what he wants