Model Cars Magazine Forum

1946 VW Beetle

feretzrus

Made use of the old Gunze Sangyo kit.  Removed the ventwings and split the rear window using sheet plastic.  The "sickle" bumper guards are also sheet plastic.  The pleats in the seats were filled in and sanded down.  The dashboard was the kit board sanded smooth, then converted using sheet and rod plastic.  This was then molded/cast for use in future projects.  A fun exercise in monocolor!  Also, the color meant I didn't have to worry about painting black rubber gasket around the windshield and rear windows!

DSCF6007.JPG

DSCF6009.JPG

You have done a nice job on your conversion! I am a big VW fan, so always like seeing this type of project.  Just ordered some resin conversion kits a company that included an early ragtop bug, a Hebmuller, and a '49 split. Looking forward to getting them and hoping they are nice. I also picked up bodies for Nothchback and Type 3 Ghia a while back. Need tofind time to work on some of these projects!

Kevin 

• 9 months later...