Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from France!

Hello!!

I am a 49 years old French model kit collector and builder. I live in the south of France, in Montpellier. I am married and have to great kids (Maëlys 15 and Elliot 12). I am an English teacher in Middle School.

I have been building kits for 35 years. My main interests are muscle and pony cars, trucks and bikes. Scales : 1/87 ot 1/8. Favorite brands : MPC for Muscle cars, Tamiya for their incredible 1/6 scale bikes and Revell for the trucks.

I have been browsing the forum for a while and took a step forward and joined!!!

I also am a longtime subscriber of SAE.

so see you around in the topics!!!

A bientôt!

Louis

sidewedgesuperbirdcuda.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0059.JPG

Edited by llcoco2001

Bienvenue Louis. Moi aussi mes ancêtres sont venus de France. My mother's family is from Muron, near La Rochelle.They came here a few years ago in 1658. We haven't figured out where my father's family is from.We suspect it is Avizes, south of Reims. There are several other modelers from France on here.

Bienvenue Louis. Moi aussi mes ancêtres sont venus de France. My mother's family is from Muron, near La Rochelle.They came here a few years ago in 1658. We haven't figured out where my father's family is from.We suspect it is Avizes, south of Reims. There are several other modelers from France on here.

Hey merci mon ami!

Man your family made the long trip just 30 years after the pilmgrims of Plymouth!!! This is something!!! Are you in touch with the French side of your family????

I am glad that I am not the one French fellow around these parts!!! B)

Hey merci mon ami!

Man your family made the long trip just 30 years after the pilmgrims of Plymouth!!! This is something!!! Are you in touch with the French side of your family????

I am glad that I am not the one French fellow around these parts!!! B)

Not really. I don't know if the line is still going after 350 years.

First, welcome to the forum, Louis!  With your like of different scales just remember  Model Cars Magazine  ... try it, you'll lie it!

And Pat ...my great ... grandfather came to Canada in the same year ... maybe they were shipmates! He was in the military and was from northern France as far as my Dad determined. My father spent a lot of time researching his family, but it all went blank finding the French Connection.

Edited by Foxer

First, welcome to the forum, Louis!  With your like of different scales just remember  Model Cars Magazine  ... try it, you'll lie it!

And Pat ...my great ... grandfather came to Canada in the same year ... maybe they were shipmates! He was in the military and was from northern France as far as my Dad determined. My father spent a lot of time researching his family, but it all went blank finding the French Connection.

Mike, De Ragon really looks French. You and Pat probably have common ancestry here in France : ships at the time were not that big and sailed for a longtime. so they may have known each other!!!

How about that. The ancestor on my dad's side came over as a slodier too. He was in "Les compagnies franches de la marine". He came over around 1700. The one who came in 1658, David Létourneau came as a settler and settled on Orleans Island, in the St-Lawrence more or less in front of Quebec City. The house he built for his son still stands and is still owned by a Létourneau.

How about that. The ancestor on my dad's side came over as a slodier too. He was in "Les compagnies franches de la marine". He came over around 1700. The one who came in 1658, David Létourneau came as a settler and settled on Orleans Island, in the St-Lawrence more or less in front of Quebec City. The house he built for his son still stands and is still owned by a Létourneau.

I checked the Compagnies franches de la marine. Never heard of it before. Incredible story there!!! amazing that your 2 ancestors came together!!!

Good to meet you, Louis. I envy all you of French ancestry; the closest I come to a French connection is that in 1975-76 my wife taught French in Saint--Lazare, a small town near Quebec. (She was an English speaking American, just out of college, teaching modern French to French Canadian students. It cured her of wanting to be a teacher; she changed to library science.)

You obviously know your way around a model! I particularly like the bike -- very clean.

Greetings!! Louis!! Welcome!

well, something more, I'm also an English teacher teaching for elementary school in China! :P

Hi Nie!!

How old are your pupils???? Mine are 10 to 15. Any chance of getting them to correspond???

Louis

Good to meet you, Louis. I envy all you of French ancestry; the closest I come to a French connection is that in 1975-76 my wife taught French in Saint--Lazare, a small town near Quebec. (She was an English speaking American, just out of college, teaching modern French to French Canadian students. It cured her of wanting to be a teacher; she changed to library science.)

You obviously know your way around a model! I particularly like the bike -- very clean.

Hello Lee and thanks!! Nothing could prevent me from teaching I love it!!

As fot the bike, I am going to open a topic on the Tamiya 1/6 scale bikes as I own several!

Louis

Hi Nie!!

How old are your pupils???? Mine are 10 to 15. Any chance of getting them to correspond???

Louis

Well Louis, I gonna teach for 3rd grade next term, they are about 9-10 little boys and girls, really noisy but lovely kids!:D

• 3 weeks later...