Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Lincoln color choices

Fellas, I am looking for some suggestions / ideas. I'm really undecided on color combinations for this one. 

I have a 1960 Lincoln convertible build calling my name Really really loud . Body is near perfect , chrome is already redone . So I want to jump on in and get the body  in paint this summer before winter hits (  when I do most of my actual building due to to down time)

I've googled for some info as to what color was avail with a specific  color interior unique to a 60 Lincoln . And a few cars pop up on my search all the time, a black car with red interior and  a black car with tan interior ,,,which looks killer on this car. Problem is I'm not 100% sure I want another black car ( especially with red interior)  build on the shelf .

Black with black interior is out of the question. Not real fond of the  greens avail on this particular car so its doubtful they will be in the running. Red seems so over used ,blue is a maybe but I have a few blue cars in the case now.  A white car looks too plain on this body.

any suggestions ?  pictures would be great of each suggestion

Edited by gtx6970

The light pink is unique. the front ( looks like a russet red of some sorts ) not so much

Anyone know what the name of this is ? It has a plum look to it that might look pretty neat in scale

http://barnfinds.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/1960-Lincoln-Continental-630x393.jpg

Bill, the background car in my picture is Tawney Beige (Ford #M1262), the one in your picture looks to be Maple Leaf (#M1264). And you are right, that is an attractive color for that car!

You've got a whole lot of choices in this situation Bill.

Lincoln had a pretty good selection.

The "Maple Leaf" looks good, but I kind of like "Rose Glow", & "Copper" would look really nice as well.

I also like the very pale blue "Platinum", "Killarney Green", & the "Spartan Gray" would really look nice also.

Steve

ford_1960_lincoln_ppg_c_01.jpg

You've got a whole lot of choices in this situation Bill.

Lincoln had a pretty good selection.

The "Maple Leaf" looks good, but I kind of like "Rose Glow", & "Copper" would look really nice as well.

I also like the very pale blue "Platinum", "Killarney Green", & the "Spartan Gray" would really look nice also.

Steve

ford_1960_lincoln_ppg_c_01.jpg

Hmmm, lots of colors there, but I would lean toward the Pastel Yellow myself.

i would like to see one in rose.glow and /or  copper. 

When I first started thinking on tbis one...i was thinking black with tan interior

But at the moment. Maple.leaf is my leader.......I'm just undecided for interior color. 

This is a convertible zo interior will make or break a color.

i would like to see one in rose.glow and /or  copper. 

When I first started thinking on tbis one...i was thinking black with tan interior

But at the moment. Maple.leaf is my leader.......I'm just undecided for interior color. 

This is a convertible zo interior will make or break a color.

I couldn't find a photo of a '60 in copper, but I did find a '59 in that color.

Couldn't find a photo of one in Rose Glow at all.

90% of the photos I'm seeing are in black.

Steve

59004_BLincolnContinentalMarkIVHT_Copper

Cant find either a 59 or a 60 in Rose Glow

Me neither.

But if it helps, the same color was available on other Ford products that year.

The T-Bird color was the same code but called "Springdale Rose".

60_Ford-Thunderbird_Conv_DV-10_RMH_01.jp

I also found this pic of another model painted that color.

A bad pic, but you get the drift.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoWM2OUZlvOa-6fF_Ij5A

MCW doesn't have it in their catalog anyway.

Most likely you would have to have someone mix it for you.

But they do carry a Cadillac color called "Persian Sand" that looks extremely close.

I doubt if anyone would ever know the difference.

687474703a2f2f7061696e747265662e636f6d2f

Steve