Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Yenko Camaro WIP

Jordan White

I just received a 427 big block engine from off Ebay, and so I decided that it would be time to start this project. Using the recent 1/12 Foose Camaro kit, along with the new engine and some parts from a vintage 1/12 Camaro kit, I will be building a 427 Yenko Camaro. I'm not going to be building it to "factory exact", but rather it will be built more like a clone or tribute. I plan on painting it Rally Green with the white stripes, and will be creating some Torque Thrust D wheels in Solidworks to be 3d printed. I'll be using the Eagle GT tires from the older kit, and even though they say they are 14" tires, I will be making the wheels 15" since the tires will fit them. Finally, I will be opening the doors and the trunklid, but I won't be building the inner trunk since I will be simply using it as a space to hold a battery to light up the headlights and running lights.

It'll look similar to this:

SHAUG1.jpg

427 engine parts:

36039134180_6f145a2aff_c.jpgSAM_0206 by mudder_trucker8, on Flickr

Edited by Jordan White

Watching and waiting here too Jordan, looks like a beautiful car you've chosen to replicate.

I'd be interested in seeing the wheels when you get them done too, I have a "stock" Yenko on the go at the moment. Another guy has made (3D) some similar wheels, but they're not exactly the same as these.... Any chance you could attempt some "period correct" Good Years in F60 and G60 ?? THAT, would look truly amazing. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Exactly what I'm after I can only assume that the syc decals x2 are for the headrests

I'm envious of your talent we basically have the same ideas only you have the know how once it's done

You should try to do a petition to Revell customer service and show them what they should have released

Don't get me wrong z28's are rare But Yenko's are superior to the z28 I have another Camaro that's even more Rare Iroc z 1/8 let me tell you if you find one and it's reasonable BUY IT 

I saw an idea that would solve that problem make a display table and use model kit turn tables 

Like what car dealerships have they have them for 1/8-1/12 sizes or build a trophy showcase with lights

The Iroc you have is it molded maroon or black either one is rare but only seen one red  

Like I said that or find a large trophy display some you can

Lock and have recessed lighting I wonder if Plexiglas would be cheaper possibly a 

Little bit lighter than 40 I have the same problem showcasing mine BTW your Iroc does it have the little keys on the parts trees ones the ignition key and the door key  I traded to get mine curious please don't be offended what you paid for yours I parted with a model worth $179 but worth it

That's OK I know there NOT cheap are you going to remove the z28 emblems and put 

The yenko emblems in its place I want to get the Replacement grille 

From shapeway you don't see too many of the RS style grille all the RS basically was a style 

Package I like it

Edited by Iroc crazy