Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mako Shark ll/63 split window kustom project --small Updated pics 9/25/2016

DrKerry

1:30 in the morning and I'm working on fitting the side pipes onto this thing.....Engine is almost all assembled, gotta finish wiring the plugs and put the scoop on top of it.......

Have to paint the frame before engine goes in permanent, getting close to doing that....

a good friend of mine, Frank emailed me and showed a new project he started... It was the 63 Mako Shark with the 63 split window roof on it..... I just emailed him back with one word and a photo of my car you see here..... I just wrote..... Really????

I'd think that would look more or less like a customized '63, not as wild as what you've got going on here.

At one point I was contemplating putting the custom fastback top from the '57 T-Bird on the AMT '53 Vette. I know this because the top was in the Vette kit when I went looking for it last week. It might or might not look okay, but it would be a hella lot of work!

Now I'm thinking of putting that top on my Mako Shark I. If it doesn't fit, I'll try the top from the AMT Cobra, and if that doesn't work, the custom fastback top from the original AMT '64 Vette roadster, and if that doesn't work, maybe the top from an MPC '57 Vette.

Or not. :lol:

At one point I was contemplating putting the custom fastback top from the '57 T-Bird on the AMT '53 Vette. I know this because the top was in the Vette kit when I went looking for it last week. It might or might not look okay, but it would be a hella lot of work!

Now I'm thinking of putting that top on my Mako Shark I. If it doesn't fit, I'll try the top from the AMT Cobra, and if that doesn't work, the custom fastback top from the original AMT '64 Vette roadster, and if that doesn't work, maybe the top from an MPC '57 Vette.

Or not. :lol:

Go for it!!!! Hope it works out!!!

It's always about decisions! I did a 63 roadster custom last year and at first wanted to do a split-window coupe. So I cut off the top of a bone-yard body 63 and made it fit like a hard-top for the roadster.

cardesign.thumb.jpg.5a959dcd786fb95d555b

I like the look of that, looks kool with the removable top!!!!!

What wheels did you use on that???

Thanks again Jim for the kind words.... and the info on the wheels....

The engine is mounted in the chassis at this time and is ready to start hanging suspensions on it... Been busy this week as my wife and I are setting up and running our 4th annual Kabuki Karnival/conference this weekend so we've been transforming our church to accommodate 22 families coming in for it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...