Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 359 is done. Next up.............a W900.

I finished my 359 last night. Pretty happy with the results. I got a lot of suggestions which helped greatly in the construction of the truck Next up a Revell snap W900. I will paint the W900 Testors Inca Gold Lacquer with the tanks and frame Testors Gloss Dark Red. I will probably do Red/Black Movin On stripes. Thanks for looking.

JerseeJerry55

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice job! 

in green the Peterbilt also looks good, suspension bellows should be black 

Thanks. Are you talking about the big round pieces ?

Yes Jerry,

this parts:

ghjghjhz.thumb.JPG.9807b5a4e9d18693a6b40

Jan is correct Jerry, here are what the real ones look like on a 2012 Peterbilt 386 I drove. 

HPIM4099.jpg

It wouldn't be very difficult to still paint them if you would want to, I usually always do like you did and paint them with the frame unless they are separate pieces, then I leave them out until the main frame is painted. These, even though they are a different style, were originally painted the same color as the frame and then carefully painted with black paint. 

HPIM3007.jpg

Also another tip that I do just to add a little extra color to frames is to paint the shocks, I usually choose yellow because it seems most companies I've worked for use yellow shocks when replacing the factory set. This is actually a trailer set, but still the same idea for the shocks and the air bags for the axles. This is also one where I painted the axles and trailer frame without the airbags in place since the Moebius 53 Great Dane has the airbags as separate pieces. 

Edited by highway