Model Cars Magazine Forum

(PICS) Neo's new 1/24 resin 1949 Cadillac...

traditional

Neo has generally made nice 1/43 and (a few) 1/18 resin models, but they've recently introduced a 1/24 1949 Cadillac series 62 Sedanette for what i think is a very reasonable price ($97 on their  American Excellence website)

As with most of their other scale offerings,there are no operating features but the paint and details are very nicely done. The window frames as well as the Eldorado wires are all 'photoetch'.

P7280712.JPG

P7280715.JPG

P7280716.JPG

P7280717.JPG

P7280719.JPG

P7270711.JPG

Three Neo 1949 Cadillacs in three different scales...1/18, 1/24, 1/43

Edited by traditional

Beautiful! 

I sure hope they do some other oddball subjects in this scale! The price isn't bad considering the level of detail, and finish. Modelhaus's version is now OOP, and considering the asking price of what they wanted for a kit, this fully finished one IMO is a bargain. ;)

https://www.american-excellence.com/?p=list&scale=24

Here's the website.  I've set the above link to show the 706 items they offer in our scale. Some interesting cars that have never been done in kits, as well as a bunch of cheap diecast we've all seen before.  There are a lot of Euro cars I'm tempted to get in the $20 range.  There are some 1/24 scale motor cycles as well.  I could have spent a few hundred dollars without blinking!

Tom! You're killin' me! I just went to that site and took a look at the BoS stuff, and it's too tempting!

Yeah, it's VERY easy to get carried away..........there's stuff they offer that I've never seen in ANY scale! A '78 Chrysler four door hardtop?? A 1978 Lincoln Mark V?? And the body lines were dead on accurate! The scale is an odd one for me (1/18), but I don't worry about that a long as it looks right.

Sigh...........I gotta really watch the pennies till I get over this eyesight difficulty and get back to work! :(

• 3 weeks later...