Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 2 1/2 Year Old Building The Revell Ford GT

Quick GMC

My son is a little over 2 1/2 now. The first 6 months were the easiest. I had time off from work and all he did was sleep. I got more building done in that time than ever before. Not so much these days. He is always sneaking into the backroom where I have my office and build area and he is really getting into cars. I bought the new snap together kit for him to play with. Obviously he can't build the entire thing himself at 2 1/2, but he actually did fairly well knowing which way some of the parts went. 

He insisted on wearing gloves. He was super determined to get the chassis on. He had fun, but it went quick. Now he gets to play with it. I am glad that they made some of these kits. We'll do the Raptor and Mustangs next. 

Wow, I just started the 2014 Corvette from the same line a couple nights ago, and if I'm lucky and stay motivated, I MIGHT have it done in two weeks. Or three.

Of course, I'm scribing out all the panel lines and polishing the kit plastic....:lol:

That is so cool - thanks for sharing!  This is probably the youngest kid I've ever seen assembling a model kit (and allowed to use real tools). I have feeling that he will be a modeler for life (with the usual sabbaticals during his teens and when and if he starts a family).