Model Cars Magazine Forum

Petty Dodge Dart

Hubert Rollins

Very nice looking model! Good job on the tire marks. Just wondering how you did that, wet paint on tires pressed against the body?

Thanks shoopdog- yes, I brushed acrylic flat black on a tire and let it dry for a couple minutes. Then I set it on the desk next to the car to get the right height, and just sort of scraped it on the side.

What do you need to know about Photobucket?

This site only allows a very small amount of space to upload images directly from your computer, because this site is NOT meant to be a photo hosting site. Can you imagine the amount of storage space we would need if this site hosted all of the photos we constantly post here?

The right way to do it it to open a photo hosting account, like Photobucket.  Photo hosting sites are designed to do just that... host (or store) your images on their servers. Load all your images into albums on your photo hosting site, then you post the link to your photos here in your posts, not the actual photo. The photo stays parked on your photo hosting site's server, taking up their space, yet we can still see the image here in your posts because you posted the link to the image here, not the image itself. As long as your actual images are parked on Photobucket, you can post as many links to images here as you want.

I have used Photobucket for many years, have hundreds (maybe thousands) of photos posted there, and still am at only 24% of my FREE account capacity.

What do you need to know about Photobucket?

This site only allows a very small amount of space to upload images directly from your computer, because this site is NOT meant to be a photo hosting site. Can you imagine the amount of storage space we would need if this site hosted all of the photos we constantly post here?

The right way to do it it to open a photo hosting account, like Photobucket.  Photo hosting sites are designed to do just that... host (or store) your images on their servers. Load all your images into albums on your photo hosting site, then you post the link to your photos here in your posts, not the actual photo. The photo stays parked on your photo hosting site's server, taking up their space, yet we can still see the image here in your posts because you posted the link to the image here, not the image itself. As long as your actual images are parked on Photobucket, you can post as many links to images here as you want.

I have used Photobucket for many years, have hundreds (maybe thousands) of photos posted there, and still am at only 24% of my FREE account capacity.

Thanks Harry- I got my account going on PhotoBucket, got my pics uploaded, but I can't get em to here. I tried the drag n drop method, but it didn't work. I watched a video on here but it didn't help much. I guess I should also add that I'm technically challenged as well.