Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first Johan! (ISO Pictures)

I'm going to save this model from the grips of the evil styrene trees.

im thinking a slight lowering, in a light mist blue metallic, with a white interior

oh and some white walls, anybody know what engine is in this, looks like a poly but not sure

image.thumb.jpg.d84d733d273b16f355d9e4d2Sorry for my messy couch haha

Edited by ProStreetOnTheStrip

It'll build up easily enough; there is the issue with the incorrect ('64 Plymouth promo) interior. Here's a few shots of a damaged promo on eBay to give you an idea of what it should look like:

62_plymouth_interior_3.thumb.jpg.7b2dac7

62_plymouth_interior_1.thumb.jpg.e31cba5

62_plymouth_interior_2.thumb.jpg.dbfc423

Maybe you could get the promo, take the interior and part out the rest on eBay again?

It'll build up easily enough; there is the issue with the incorrect ('64 Plymouth promo) interior. Here's a few shots of a damaged promo on eBay to give you an idea of what it should look like:

62_plymouth_interior_3.thumb.jpg.7b2dac7

62_plymouth_interior_1.thumb.jpg.e31cba5

62_plymouth_interior_2.thumb.jpg.dbfc423

Maybe you could get the promo, take the interior and part out the rest on eBay again?

Those early acetate promo models (pre-1964 Jo-Han) shrink a lot.  I had the idea of swapping a promo interior into a kit body years ago...it didn't come close to fitting.

The 62 Fury convertible kit is probably the easiest of the Johan kits to find,,,build it.

I've got one I had begun many years ago in plans to build Jane Hathaway car from the Beverly Hillbilly's

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/janes-62.jpg

That one's a Sport Fury. Odd thing with the Jo-Han reissue '62 Plymouths: Some have not-quite-accurate Sport Fury wheelcovers and some have standard Fury/Belvedere wheelcovers; don't know when that was changed but the body has the regular Fury trim and two tail/backup lights per side (Sport Fury had three per side).

Edited by ChrisBcritter