Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thank You Revell

There is another thread here thanking/talking about Round 2's great service at providing replacement parts when needed. And Round 2 does indeed do a very good job. No question about it.

I needed one very little replacement part from Revell recently. All I needed was the little propeller that goes on the Deal's Wheels Go-Mad Nomad's surfboard. They not only kindly sent me the propeller. But with it, a very nice hat pin celebrating the 50th anniversary of the '57 Chevy. True, that anniversary was already 9 years ago. But, still I think it was very nice of them to send me the pin with my requested part. The pin's theme goes great with the kit. (For those who don't know, the Go-Mad Nomad is a caricature of a '57 Chevy Nomad wagon.)

In a related note. Recently I needed another propeller. In this case for my AMT Hindenburg. Round 2 too did an outstanding job of getting me the replacement part.

So, thank you Revell. And thank you Round 2. Your customer service departments both do a great job. 

Recently I bought a new Porsche 918 packaged in the Revell US box that had a very warped chassis. Took a couple weeks but they sent me a replacement. Even sent it airmail to Canada at just about $10 cost to them, so I'm happy with their CS as well.

David

They replaced the body of a '56 Nomad that was badly warped. I had the kit for a couple of years and had just never opened it as I had built other Nomads before getting to this one. No problem at all, they just sent me a replacement body. I don't think anyone has better customer service than Revell.  

I've had two occasions to use Revell's Part Replacement service.  First bought a sealed New Beetle Tuner off of eBay, the entire glass spruce was missing, (I think Revell hadn't even produced it for a couple of years then).  Explained issue, where I bought it, received glass a couple weeks later.  

Second was just after the Slingster came out, bought it from the local hobby shop.  Got home opened the box to find the front axle was bent in the center at nearly a 45* angle!  LHS told me they didn't want to exchange the kit, which I wasn't happy about in the least.  Though I saw their point, they'd have to sell it at a loss on their defective /close out shelf; when Revell would replace the axle.  

Contacted Revell, I got the entire chrome tree, less than two weeks after requesting the new axle.   There was a note explaining one of their molds had an ejector pin issue within the first 500 - 1000 runs through the molds.  They though they had caught most of the defective pieces, they hoped the chrome tree made up for any inconvenience!  It sure did!!

But with it, a very nice hat pin celebrating the 50th anniversary of the '57 Chevy.  

I just received one today also, along with a fith wheel I requested a week ago for one of my trucks, free of charge.  They have great customer service.  Makes you want to keep buying their kits.

Hasegawa CS stinks. I had SR71 given as gift with complete short shot of clear sprue. I sent EM with pics of kit and sprue. I

They wanted receipt, despite fact it was a gift. I'd never ordered anything from them, I offered to pay postage. Woman acted like I was robbing them. I told her I'd throw it in the trash. 4 months later I got the sprue. Sold the kit. Never again. Have a couple complete car kits of theirs, but I'm done. 

R-M is great, as is Tamiya. AMT has always been ok, sometimes better than others. I've always been nice, no reason not to be. But this person was awful. 

I'm sort of surprised to hear that about HASEGAWA. 

I needed replacement parts for a HASEGAWA car kit a few months ago (I messed up the dashboard myself and told them that. It was from a discontinued kit.)

Here's the email address I used: PartsSupport@unitedmodel.com

That put me in touch with a nice woman named Mary Ann who helped out.  In my email I gave them the kit name and number, along with the specific part number from the instruction sheet.

They asked $9.95 for processing and shipping, and it did take a while to get the parts. About a month IIRC. Like R2 and REVELL, they sent the whole sprue.

Edited by Mike999
error