LeadFred Posted July 30, 2016 Share Posted July 30, 2016 (edited) Hi, It´s been a long time since i´ve post some builds here on the forum, so it is really fun to share some pictures of this build and tell you what i have done. I wanted to build a very small car with so much drag parts i could put in to this little body,and this is how it started. I posted for a long time ago the first pictures of this build in the workbench column but i closed that tag,just because i realized that it would fit in better in the dragracing column. In the beginning of this build i started to cut out doors and all body panels that i wanted to view the details for the spectator to. When i had did that….????? i start to wonder if i really could do it as the plan i had in my head. after cutting the hole body in pieces the project went back in the modelkit box for a year. But the following year, I could not quite let go of the thought of my little Datsun. When the time is getting ripe and I had built the building in my head over and over again as the box went up again and the building began to take off. This is the first pictures of ”Sweet pain” The name is well an explanation of what I thought the building was. I took, for example, assume that Revell kit was symmetrical. and it caused problems, including the big wheeltubs,built symmetrically from the start, but did not sit symmetrically in the body when it was mounted. it meant I had to change a lot to get into a chassis that has the proportions that I wanted them. It is not the best picture,but the rear piece that have the taillights moulded in white plastic,I have replaced with my own cast in clear plastic that I have masked the rear lights and then primed the body panel to get a better sense of realism, The kit's rear panel look more like a toy. I have not yet cut off the front. I probably forgot to take a picture of the back panel when it was completely unassembled and unpainted, but this picture shows the original panel to the left and my copy of clear plastic assembled and primed. the tape is on the back just for it not to get paint dust on the inside of the rear lamp glass. Here you can see the mounting holes for the original rearbumper, as you can see, it is not very symmetrical, and then you can understand that maybe it came unexpected problems later. This is the first try of my chassie,but the engine did´nt fit correct with the headers mocked-up, so i had to change the front frame next. this is the frame from the kits chassie,but it was to small for a 351 cleveland V8 pro stock engine ,just wanna show you what problems i had before i change the front. Comments are welcome and more to come.... Fred. Edited October 4, 2016 by LeadFred The title was change to pro stock, instead of drag car Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.