Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Belvedere Kansas Highway Patrol, updated 12-26

SteveG

..... continued from yesterday. Once the foil work was completed the body got several coats of my favorite PPG lacquer clear and was set aside to dry.

23498320183944-vi.jpg

While the clear coat dried I finished detailing the dash by adding a column shift lever and a two way radio. Note the photo color difference between daylight and evening at my workbench. Weird huh ?

05498320465218-vi.jpg

A test fit of the polished out body to see how it looks on wheels again ...

52498320452768-vi.jpg

Another shot with the body permanently installed along with the glass. I also started on the single spotlight for the left A-pillar.

10504475270447-vi.jpg

Here's all the rear bright work installed, note the package shelf lamps Kansas used back then. I would have expected amber or red lenses over yellow but that's what they used.

20504475280813-vi.jpg

The front bright work was next followed by the hub caps, handles, mirror and the spotlight head with the red lens. The inside handle is sourced from Lindberg's 53 Ford kit.

47504475247117-vi.jpg

The last pieces of hardware to go on is this four part Federal 17 Beacon. The domed lens and lamps are Johan pieces, the base is resin part and I made the gasket. A whip style antenna will also be added.

34504475294392-vi.jpg

All it needs now is the graphics and it would be ready to go "In Service"

43504475243080-vi.jpg

I'll post the finished pics in the under glass section later today ....

Steve