Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello all

I'd like to start by saying these trucks are very challenging, I am hoping by the time I have built 6 of either one I will be completely satisfied with them.

As for moluminum the Tulsa winch is amazing, very well done, the chain binders are excellent, I wish I had thought to modify them prior to installing them, I believe if you could make these out of metal there would be some advantages, I used 8.5 links per inch chain which I am happy with, but the binders didn't quite bite well enough and I got to thinking if these were metal I would have been able to adjust the hooks and the binder would remain reusable, thinking that the g-scale community would probably beat your doors down, just a thought.

I am posting these trucks here because I can think of no better way to thank the members of this site for the help, every issue, stumble, hurdle you guys just had the answers, I almost wish you had been here to remind me to read and understand all steps of the instructions, to stopping me from being blinded by the step/decal debacle on the Kenworth to sending both cabs off to clear coat without painting the windshield gaskets, hind site I suppose, thank you a million thank yous.

I do apologize for the pictures, my little buddy, painter, photographer went on vacation just prior to the completion of the Kenworth and has of yet to see the Peterbilt.

As for Jim his sacrifice, dedication and support for our family is unprecedented, I can think of no better husband, father, grandfather, father in law or friend.

Thank you all for pulling me through this.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Two really good looking rigs. I lioke both of them.

A for working chain binders try Kit Form Services. aka KFS . They are in England. But the quality of their products is very good. The chain binders are phot etch. They have lots of other good cast resin and photo etch parts.

Be Well

Gator

Thank you, for the kind words.

The decals came from Google images.

I did see the kfs binders, I was concerned with the time line, I am very satisfied with the moluminum binders, I certainly had no intentions of putting them down, they are very nice, I don't spend enough time building model cars and trucks, I hope to change that.